SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Low Country Fox Pen, Manning, SC

We have reports that some hunters lost dogs at the last hunt. I personally run the pen 3 night a week and I havent had any get sick or die, but we have drained the pond and any hole that was holding water. We took all the old shaving up and cloroxed the kennels. We are taking every step to make sure the pen is safe for every dog. My personal opinion is that the pen is fine. I think we need to make sure our dogs get a distemper shot annually. However I have experinced that the amount of brake fluid we put on the dog if you use to much it will cause the dog to get dehyrated.

Re: Low Country Fox Pen, Manning, SC

I have been running this pen every saturday night for 6 months and I go to alot of fiedtrials here and I have not had a hound get sick or die from anything .If there is anything there causing it I am unawhare of it.I know of about 40 hounds that run with us usually and havent heard anything on any of them either I dont know what happened with what hounds just wanted to share that.

Re: Re: Low Country Fox Pen, Manning, SC

You are right Boog I have been running there along while also and havent had any problems.We all no this is not the only pen this has been heard of happening but it seems to be the only one that ever catches any crap about anything.Bobby you check around on here you will see this was going on months ago at another pen close to here.

Re: Low Country Fox Pen, Manning, SC

I was also at the last hunt with 8 head of hounds and yet to have any problems with my hounds. If there were any issues with the pen/kennels it sounds as if the Evans family has taken all the steps to ensure the health and well being of our hounds. I will be at Manning this Saturday night running myself and at future hunts with my hounds, family and friends. See ya there!

Robert bring your fourwheeler were going to catch some crossings Saturday night!Do we need to # dogs

Mr. Bobby i am not blaming the pen i love the pen and how much it reminds me of hunting on the outside. I havenot used brake fluid because i have heard a lot of bad results. I personally took my dogs to the vet and they have been tested for everything under the sun. He told me they have a bacteria infection and it is very dangerous and aggresive. Everyone i have spoke with who has a sick dog or lost a dog did not give any antibotics before hunt and only used Dex at the hunt. I take very good care of my dogs you can ask anyone who knows me and im not one to get mad and blame something on someone else. I will let you or mr. richard no if i take one to get autopsy and what the results are to help clarify exactly what caused this. No way shape or form am i trying to start something about the pen because i think the pen is in wonderful condition and so is the game.

Thanks and happy hunting,

Adam Lowry (910)734-8686

my vet says and im sure hes right dex lowers the imune system and should be given with penicilin..... i usally give 2 cc the night before a hunt and if i give dex i add 2 cc of pen again per his instructions.........i have persoanlly made that mistake in va with dead game in water which had been there for days plus the urine of the game being in the water killed 2 of the best dogs ive ever owned...........i know because i paid for the dogs to be examined ..results dex lowered the imune level to allow a infection to become toxic...my loss ur gain if u choose to belive me....i doesnt have to be dead rotting game just any little infection while the dog is in the stress mode of running and contracts a infection or virus..