SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: picks for top gun

Trust me, these boys coming from out west have seen this much game and running plenty of times. JW Magee will probably be getting his name called, if you think John Hoehner is not coming to win it, you are mistaken. Runt Kidd will be here, the Valentines, Steve Ducote, Big Daddy Cerny. All of these guys are used to jam up yote running. There wil be a few local boys place, there is at every big masters hunts. But dont for a second think these guys are driving 800 miles on a wing and a prayer. They will have some athletes.

stateline kennels,ambler rigde and east coast well be tough

Southern Star (fd)ch. Hoehners Maria.

Re: Re: picks for top gun

Watch out for the Woodchoppers!!! They handle hard running very well.

Re: Re: Re: picks for top gun

Rumor has it that the Woodchopper stud dog has a severe case of "Parrott Mouth". Any truth to this rumor??????????

Mr. Roger McNight

MR. ROGER McNIGHT Yes he has been known to throw a "Parrott Mouth" dog or two. But there is nothing wrong with the way they run. They can get after something. Anytime you want to run with those "Parrott Mouth" dogs give one of them a call. I'm sure you will be invited as I am always invited to come. You will leave with your fellings hurt. By the way whats your STUD HOUND. IF YOU HAVE ONE WHO DID YOU BUY IT FROM? DEREK METTS 803-351-1789

Re: Mr. Roger McNight

derek do you own congarees ben gone.if so what kind of hound is he?

SONNY CERNY

east coast, david bailey and rich fork is sendin one that is gunna be tough to beat also

Randy

D with have to watch out for the trees if he has any hopes...since he has changed his addy for a few days maybe some of that stupid with come outta him and add a lil blaze
    see ya in Jan buddy

Don't count out Ivan and Kathy from Canada, they will have something in the truck that can run and finish the hunt. GOOD LUCK. Your friends from the Sunshine State Jeanette and Howard.

David Parker. watch out for hound 600 and 721.

ITS ABOUT TIME FOR DANNY CARROL TO WIN ANOTHER ONE. HIM OR JIMMY GOT MY PICK.PATTERSON

I was pullin hard for myself, but with all these names mentioned I better stay home!
    All of the people mentioned have good, strong hounds. It will be an awesome hunt and a fine hound will win, but there will also be some fine hounds go home with nothing. With this kind of competition I could not even start to pick a winner, just can't wait to be a part of it!

Sonnty Cerny will win it with the new heat he got from the big bend

If that young dog of Ivan and Kathy's is in the same kind of shape he was this August, it'll take a good hound(s) to beat him. Sonny will be tough and Ducote didn't come all that way just to ride the subway.

i'll say it will be @ least 300 there w/ a chance to win ......but some very tough folks coming and i'm certain not only the out of towners but there is plenty of nice hounds in that part of the country also.....get to determine if a hound got any bottom over there i'm certain.... good luck to everyone. i'm planning on getting there late wed

Runt Kidd will be loaded and ready.

Sleeper notice....... dwight little or danny brock>>>>>>>>>

MR. DEREK METTS
    Pursuant to your reply concerning the "Parrot Mouth" dogs:
    (1) I never said or insinuated that the subject dogs could not "run thier game" or "get after something".
    (2) You seem to be a little testy concerning this subject - I did not mean to upset you however, rest assured that you, those dogs, or anything else on hear will or can "hurt my feelings".
    (3) The subject is not who "my stud dog is" but "what kind of stud dog are you breeding to". And, before you ask - no we do not have any "Parrot Mouth" dogs kenneled.
    (4) In closing (and you can correct me if I'm wrong) but, I have been schooled by many a wise hunter (to include breeders of all hounds) to believe that the "Parrot Mouth" trait is a hereditary FAULT and should not be bred to.
    (5) Finally - I'M CONFIDENT THAT YOU WOULD NOT WANT TO COMPARE FIELD TRIAL RECORDS!

Woodchopper is parrot mouthed.

Some of his puppies have been - I've raised 4 or 5 litters and cannot recall a single parrot mouthed pup.

What I can recall is that they were game to the bone.

Why would they have the futurity and all that in miss. at the same time they have the top gun?

I asked Grant about that and his explanation was most of the guys that will come run the Top Gun would not run the Fut. or Nationals and Vice Versa. Think about it... there's alot of truth to that. It is still a touch of poor planning I think... and I told Grant that... but anyway. They asked a few judges to come that would love to help out if it wasn't the same time as the National. One in particular that I know, would not judge the Top Gun for fear of being bumped from the National list. But never the less Grant said they tried real hard to pick a weekend that didn't already have a big pen hunt scheduled and this was the weekend they came up with.

Kyle Stotesberry
    252-809-9124

Mr McNight what does Woodchopper and the weather in Mississippi have to do we you? NOTHING!! I make several trips to Mississippi and was going to bring a gyp to breed to Clyde or try to get a puppy off him. But now I'm thinking I don;t need any. The Corbitts are some of the finest folks on the east coast and have real nice hounds that are game and run their game parrott mouth or not. There's alot more faults worst than overbite... Hal Cartee

I'd rather outrun you with a parrot mouth dog than beat you on the bench with one that won't run.

hold your cards.......I think we have a 'bingo'

kidds gone famous all the way

Kidds Gone Famous will not place, he is going to be one of the top 5 hounds at the hunt but the EAST COAST judges will not let a hound from Arkansas place in the top ten.

That's BS you're just makin excuses before the crowd even gets there

what kind of bullsh8t is that ,,, idiots everywhere. if you think there's gonna be some hankypanky going on better save your $100 bill and keep that bull in arkansas

If he don't place it won't be for the reason you said.

Didn't he just come off a 3 day last weekend ?

Same for the Corbetts , theirs just came out of a meltdown 3day , the weekend before.

Creedmore will be relentless.

If the Corbetts or Kidd place them , you will know they went thru a grinder.

i dont think it would be smart if he brings kidds gone famous, more than likely he will not be at his full potential. It takes a truly acceptional hound to come back that quick after a 3 day and still be able to go 3 days at tar river and contend. just my opinion

my thoughts as well, i figured since he just did a 3-day , famous would not be this way, for each his on..... that is very tough as hank said and i'm certain the owner knows his hounds better than us speculators

Yeh he just won the Ark.state this past weekend, but Im sure he will have some Kidd's Little Man's there that will be tuff.

I'd like to watch famous run.
    I like his pups so far.

You going Cranford????

Nope.

Might see if Cley wants to ride up Saturday.

I'm thinking bout riding up Sat too. gonna hunt tommorrow and friday and probably sat morning and then leave here about 11:00

gotta work.

and working on another house.

Hank,
    I disagree, woodchopper is not parrott mouthed, he just has an aerodynamic head for more speed.

jaybird

That's right Mr Jay.

Someone said one time they never seen a parrotmouthed one that was slow.

I got a little Benji gyp here that's parrotmouthed - but is real game and one for one with a number on her.

Her and her sister could eat corn thru a picket fence.