SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: SC STATE 08 BENCH CHAMPION HAS DIED

Did y'all by chance win a bag of the same brand of feed? might be another problem with dog feed.

KYLE YOU MAY BE ON TO SOMETHING. SURE SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING IN COMMON.

What kind of dog feed was it? We won some a couple of weeks ago, but haven't fed it yet.

RR GINGER ONE OF OUR BEST ******* DIED THIS WEEK AFTER S.C STATE, DON'T HAVE A CLUE SHE WAS PROBABLY IN THE TOP 3 HIGH DOGS LAST DAY 20H & 250SD. RAYMOND

we've had a dog die after a trial there in the past also

I just wanted to put my 2 cents worth in on this issue. I had one on my pups that I had to put down after the breeders cup and a friend of mine had to do the same thing and that was at Pamlico. We had another friend have all his dogs get sick and another one lost over 20 dogs. We know one guy took his sick dog to the vet and he stated that the dog had distemper. It’s highly contagious. And if you do not treat your dogs annually with an 8 way that has the modified live virus annually your dog could get it and die. I know that I have been guilty of not giving my dogs there shots so that’s probably why mine died after the breeder’s cup. What I am saying is it’s not the pen owners fault that we as foxhunters do not give our dogs the proper vaccinations. I hadn't even run in Foreston in months until the two Saturdays ago. So I know it did not come from there. We saw this a couple of years ago with the kennel cough. So if everyone worked together and vaccinated regularly and not blame the pens it would be a lot better. I have vaccinated my dogs and I am going to the Palmetto Open this weekend without any worry of my dogs dying from this disease. Hope to see everyone there.

Jim Wilson

I am glad you posted that Jim i also know 2 of Roberts died after the breeders cup and I know of six others that died that had never seen the Manning pen I myself gave mine the 8 way booster shot last week and will be at the Palmetto Open with no fear of my hound getting sick or dyeing because most of the cases I heard about were not from there they were from another pen but as you said it is not the pen owners fault, its our own and im just as guilty not giving my hounds there booster shot every year as anyone.I know that the hounds that were tested did have distemper but again they were not run at manning so hope to see all of you there it should be a good hunt.

I myself also know of a couple of hounds that got sick and had to be put down after the breeders cup in pamplico sounds like a wide issue.I didnt have a clue it was this broad of a problem i will be vaccinating all my hounds did not realize they needed a booster each year thanks for the update

I pleasure run in Manning every week (all year) and haven't had one to die.It might be some other common denominator between the hounds that have died.Just mty opinion.

I agree Kevin i have never heard anything about a hound dying at Foreston.I wonder if any of those hounds were at the breeders cup seems to be were the first sighns were.

JUST A THOUGHT.HAS ANY ONE SEEN THE CORONA VIRUS GOING AROUND.HAVE NOT SEEN OR HERD BUT ALOT OF DOGS &PUPS JUST DYING FOR NO REASON.

I know of hounds dying after hunts at forreston.I also know of hounds dying while pleasure running in forreston.I have seen hounds die during hunts in pamplico.All were individual accidents that were easily explained.I don't think anyone should try to put blame on either pen or the owners.