SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: CURT LYTLE SUES WALTERS HUNT CLUB

I found this by Lee Tolliver his buddy.

Judge dismisses hunters' trespassing charges, but urges dialogue
    Posted to: Outdoors Sports Isle of Wight

By Lee Tolliver
    The Virginian-Pilot
    © May 1, 2008
    ISLE OF WIGHT

A General District Court judge on Wednesday used trespassing charges against two hunters as an opportunity to warn the hunting community about respecting the rights of landowners.

Judge James A. Moore of Suffolk, serving as a substitute judge in Isle of Wight, also told landowners to properly post their land and open dialogues with neighboring hunters.

The case hits at the core of the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries' ongoing study. The Hunting with Hounds in Virginia Project is working with hunters who use hounds and landowners to defuse growing tensions between the groups.

G.D. Barwick, a state game department wildlife police officer, brought charges against Isle of Wight hunters Brian C. Johnson and Garland M. Whitley, members of the Walters Hunt Club. They had been videotaped Christmas Eve on Curt Lytle's property in Zuni. Johnson and Garland claimed they were on the land to retrieve their dog.

State code allows hunters to enter private land on foot to retrieve dogs as long as the hunters are not carrying guns. Hunters need written landowner permission to drive onto private property.

Moore dismissed the charges against the two, but took the opportunity to warn them about future infractions.

Moore cited a lack of intent to trespass.

"These are potentially dangerous situations," Moore said. "I'm not going to find you guilty today, but let's find a way to work this out. We need to find a way to keep the peace."

The judge also advised Lytle to post his land in a more obvious fashion to help prevent further issues.

Barwick, a 21-year veteran of game department law enforcement in southeastern Virginia, said he has seen a dramatic increase in complaints against hunters.

From 2005 to 2007, the department received 867 hound-hunting-related calls. Of those, 369 were complaints about trespassing to retrieve dogs.

Florida and Georgia are among the southern states that have passed laws governing the use of dogs to hunt. Virginia started its hound project last year to try to keep the issue from being settled in the General Assembly.

Lytle, a professional bass fisherman and avid hunter, was disappointed with the judge's decision.

"I'm just flabbergasted that anybody can come on my private property, and all they have to do is claim they are looking for a dog," Lytle said. "Where are the laws to protect landowners?

"This is something the state needs to change."

Johnson and Whitley declined to comment.

Lee Tolliver, (757) 222-5844, lee.tolliver@pilotonline.com

I THINK ITS TIME EVERY HOUND HUNTER ON THI SITE CALLED THE VIRGINIA PILOT(SOMEONE PLEASE POST THEIR NUMBER) AND TOLD THEM YOU ARE GOING TO IMMEDIATELY CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRITION OR NEVER BUY A NEWS PAPER AGAIN IF THEY WON'T RAIN THIS A--HOLE IN. WE CAN HIT HIM IN HIS POCKET BY GETTING HIS SORRY A@@ FIRED. IT'S HARD TO TYPE BS WHEN YOUR LOOKING FOR A JOB! I DONT CARE IF YOU LIVE IN N.C. OR FLORIDA. CALL WITH A COMPLAINT. THE INTERNET AND CABLE NEWS SHOWS ARE ABOUT TO BANCRUPT A PILE OF THESE NEWS PAPERS. NONE OF THEM MAKE MONEY NOW ANYWAY. LET THEM KNOW IT WILL BE WORSE. 100,000 HOUND HUNTERS CANCELLING WILL GET A RESPONSE!

You can also use the feedback section of the pilot via the internet to do this. I sent mine this am.
    Captain John,Thanks for keeping us informed.

Leroy

Re: Re: CURT LYTLE SUES WALTERS HUNT CLUB

HEY LEROY,
    THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS. BELIEVE ME , THIS IS A LABOR OF LOVE.

GUYS, BY ALL MEANS E-MAIL LEE TOLLIVER. I SENT HIM ONE LAST WEEK, AND HE PHONED ME BACK IN RESPONSE TO IT IN 15 MINUTES AFTER GETTING IT. HE CLAIMS HE INTENDS TO WRITE TWO SUPPOSEDLY POSITIVE ARTICLES ABOUT OUR SPORT IN OCTOBER.WE ARE SCHEDULED TO MEET FACE TO FACE NEXT WEEK IN REFERENCE TO ALL OF THIS. I DO NOT KNOW HIM FROM ADAM,ONLY WHAT HIS ARTICLES HAVE SAID. HE WILL LIKELY NOT AGREE WITH MY VIEWPOINT, BUT I WILL EXPRESS IT ANYWAY. THANKS EVERYONE.
    JMMJR,VHDA

Is the Suffolk Circuit Court date Oct 8th correct?If so what time?..Sparky D..

Is there an address that someone has where we can send some money...

I dont field trial anymore..but I certainly will send some money to help out.

Who on here can give me an address.

I'll start out by saying I will give 100$ or just meet me up at the DQ in windsor and I'll give the money...it sure would be nice to see some of the hunt clubs in the area pitch in we all have a stake in this......this is as important a court case as any...it is very important that Walters wins this case or you are going to see many more of these BS lawsuits!!!

DENNIS, THAT IS THE CORRECT DATE. SUPPOSED TO START AT EIGHT THIRTY. I WII CHECK LATER THIS WEEK TO VERIFY.

TED, I AM NOT AWARE OF ANY SPECIFIC ADDRESS TO SEND A DONATION. IF ANY OF THE WALTERS MEMBERS WHO READ SPEEDDOGS COULD PROVIDE THIS INFO, IT WOULD BE HELPFUL.I WILL LOOK INTO THIS AS WELL. ANY WAY, YOUR OFFER IS COMMENDABLE.
    JMMJR,VHDA

Anyone of you given any thought to the idea that your Right to Retrieve is based on a constitutionally corrupt law and that property owners in the United States have the constitutional right to deny idiots like yourselves who are too stupid to understand the concept of civil rights access to their land. They don't have to do anything to preserve that right. It is guaranteed in the constitution. Stay off land you don't have written permission to be on, keep your dogs off as well, your problems with the rest of the citizens of the state go away. You are the ones causing the problem.

You have to love the fake names and undercover people on this site now. Years ago people wouldn't try to hide who they were or what they had to say, and were proud to show or voice their opinions. In today's times people love to stir the pot such as Mr. "Realist" yet they don't have the guts to give their name with their opinion. Message boards have turned a great deal of society into very cowardly, two-faced people, when their purpose is to share thoughts and ideas on common interests. As my father would say, If you have something to say to someone or in this particular matter some group, say it to their face and don't hide behind another name.

Kick him off the web site and any one else that using a fake name will take care of that problem.

I can't beleive that MR. Realist was stupid enough to actually put his Email address on this site. Mr. administrator could you shed a yes or no on this subject?

What exaclty is he sueing for??? I think I read its a Civil Suit?? Most of time Civil Suits means the guilty party is ordered to pay money damages... is that right??? If that club is like many others they are broke. No money to pay damages with.

Kyle Stotesberry
    252-809-9124

hey realist, lets see just how brave you are on a dog running site, post your "real" name and address. I think you'll find to learn to keep your mouth shut or go back to the city you crawled out of.

Nah George.... I'm doubt Mr. Realist has a backbone or a pair. Don't hold your breath waiting for his contact info.

go ahead and contact him, he left his email address for all to send him some friendly replies

Hey, Realist! Are you from the radio shack? I can tell you FAILED Government class,when they were given out Brains,you thought they said RAIN and stayed home!!! By the way, while I got you...the next time you call someone an Idiot or Stupid !! Go look in a mirror...or better yet,I just happen to have a WEBSTER,and it had your e-mail address by both..Go stick your head in the sand...Dang that feel's good..Sparky D...

Bet his first name is RICK!!!!!

WHO ever it is ?I bet he Fishes!!..We know he's a Sparky D..

i hate to say it ,but these two hunters were wrong respect the land owners. respect will go a long ways.

COULD SOMEBODY BRING ME UP TO SPEED AS TO WHAT HAPENED. DOGHUNTER,YOU SEEM TO KNOW,WHAT HAPPENED?

EVERYBODY,
    IN AN ATTEMPT TO CONFINE MY COMMENTS TO FACTUAL INFO,PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THE CIVIL SUIT,CURT LYTLE VERSUS WALTERS HUNT CLUB IS STILL SCHEDULED FOR SUFFOLK CIRCUIT COURT ON OCT. 8 2008 AT EIGHT THIRTY.

KYLE,REGARDING YOUR QUESTION, MY UNDERSTANDING IS THAT LYTLE IS ASKING FOR AN INJUNCTION TO KEEP THE HUNT CLUB OFF HIS PROPERTY FOR ANY REASON,INCLUDING DOG RETRIEVAL. HE IS NOT ASKING FOR MONEY.

I AM NOT A LAWYER, BUT IT APPEARS THE CASE WILL HINGE ON WHETHER LYTLES PROBLEMS ARISE TO THE POINT TO NEGATE THE RTR LAW WHICH IS WALTERS HUNT CLUBS RIGHT BY LAW. IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE HOW THAT IS PRESENTED. I WILL BE THERE,AND REPORT THE RESULTS.

FURTHER,THIS IS NOT ACTUALLY THE FIRST SUIT OF ITS KIND. THE ULTIMATE KING OF ANTI DOG HUNTING ACTIVISM, JEFF MCDERMOTT OF GLOUCESTER ,VA. INITIATED THE SAME KIND OF CASE IN I BELIEVE 2001. DERICK RATCLIFF PROVIDE THIS INFO TO VHDA MEMBERS SEVERAL MONTHS BACK. I BELIEVE MCDERMOTT RECIEVED THE INJUNCTION HE SOUGHT,BUT I AM NOT AWARE OF WHAT IT CONCRETELY ACCOMPLISHED ONE WAY OR THE OTHER.IT MUST NOT HAVE BEEN MUCH, BECAUSE HE CONTINUES TO BE ONE OF THE MAJOR WHINERS AGAINST US.

FINALLY,I SPOKE TO LEE TOLLIVER YESTERDAY,HE IS GETTING OUR E- MAILS.
    THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR INTEREST.

JMMJR,VHDA

any new information on this case? is he still causin troubles? when are they going to court?

John could you leave your phone # so people can call you..Thanks Sparky D..

DENNIS,
    MY NUBER IS 757-653-7399.
    JMMJR,VHDA

IM AFRAID YALL ARE DEALING WITH THE BIGGEST AIRHEAD IN THE U. S..
    MY ACTUAL NUMBER IS 757651-7399.
    SORRY.
    JMMJR,VHDA

There are just to many Bill Jordan wanabes down south these days!!!!!!!

John....get the info out there, but make sure it is correct. The court case was filed in Isle of Wight General District court, not Suffolk. It will be heard in Isle of Wight at the Courthouse on Rt. 258 between Windsor and Smithfield, you can't miss it if you are looking for it.

what did lee have to say when you talked to him john.anything good

mr realist it is absent minded a******* such as ur self that make it hard to hound hunt in any state.if u lost ur golf ball in someones yard u would go look for it.skid

No law for golf balls.....Sparky D....

SORRY GUYS FOR NOT RESPONDING EARLIER.HUNTED ON THE FIRST DAY OF THE EARLY SEASON IN CHESAPEAKE YESTERDAY. GOOD RUNNING,NO HASSLES,AND 14 DEER ON THE POLE.YOURS TRULY EVEN KILLED A BUCK,PROVING THAT MIRACLES NEVER CEASE.

BACK TO BUSINESS. MIKE,THE ORIGINAL LAWSUIT WAS FILED IN IOW,BUT THE HEARING HAS BEEN TRANSFERRED TO SUFFOLK CIRCUIT COURT DUE TO SOME TYPE OF CONFLICT OF INTEREST.AGAIN,SUFFOLK CIRCUIT COURT AT EIGHT THIRTY, OCT. 8 2008.

CHUCK,I AM MEETING WITH TOLLIVER TODAY AT MY HOUSE.I WILL LET YALL KNOW THE RESULTS.
    THANKS
    JMMJR,VHDA

EVERYBODY,
    I MET WITH LEE TOLLIVER IN PERSON YESTERDAY FOR ABOUT TWO HOURS.DESPITE MY BEING ONE OF HIS DETRACTORS ABOUT HIS COVERAGE OF OUR SPORT, I THINK WE HAD A VERY CONSRUCTIVE,CIVIL CONVERSATION.

THE TOPICS WE DISCUSSED WERE VARIED,AND RANGED FROM MY IMPRESSION OF THE VDGIF HOUND STUDY TO THE NUTS AND BOLTS ACTIVITIES OF HOUND HUNTING. I WONT GO IN DETAIL HERE,BUT I BELIEVE HE UNDERSTANDS OUR OVERALL IMPRESSION THAT POSITIVE MEDIA COVERAGE OF OUR SPORT HAS BEEN LACKING.IN LIGHT OF THIS,HE ADVISED ME THAT HE WILL BE WRITING AN ARTICLE FAVORABLE TO US IN THE NEAR FUTURE. AT THE VERY LEAST, I EXPECT THE POSITIVE FACTUAL INFO TO BE STATED OBJECTIVELY.

WITH THIS IN MIND,MR. TOLLIVER REQUESTED INFO FROM US SPECIFIC TO THE CHARITABLE FIELD TRIALS AND HUNTS WE CONDUCT IN BOTH STATES.NOT BEING AN ACTIVE TRIALER MYSELF, I AM REQUESTING ANYONE WITH KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THESE ACTIVITIES CALL OR E- MAIL HIM WITH INFO.THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, AND IM COUNTING ON YOUR HELP.

FINALLY, AND MOST IMPORTANT,I AM DIRECTING AND REQUESTING THAT ANY MEMBER OF VHDA OR ANY OTHER HOUND HUNTER REFRAIN FROM SUBMITTING THREATENING MATERIAL OR PHONE CALLS TO MR.TOLLIVER OR ANY OTHER MEDIA PERSON,GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL OR REALLY ANYONE.THIS IS CHILDISH,NON-PRODUCTIVE AND AGAINST THE LAW.WE JUST DO NOT NEED TO BE ENGAGING IN THIS KIND OF BEHAVIOR. FEEL FREE TO SUBMIT INFO AND CRITICIZE IF WARRANTED,BUT DO IT IN A CIVILIZED MANNER.

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR INTEREST.PLEASE SUBMIT THE INFO I REQUESTED TO MR. TOLLIVER ASAP.
    JMMJR,VHDA

I know most all states has a relay for life field trial every year not sure about Pooles but most likely. Here in eastern NC there are several

TOM
    THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE.PLEASE E- MAIL ANY SPECIFIC INFO YOU HAVE. lee tolliver@Pilotonline.com.

GUYS, I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP WITH THIS.
    JMMJR,VHDA

i talked to lee yesterday briefly and gave him some good info and plan on talking to him today when i get time to just sit and talk,i talked to john yesterday and agian this morning also, and he and i both agree lets give lee some good stuff.

Re: Re: Re: CURT LYTLE SUES WALTERS HUNT CLUB

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR RESPONSES.

AT THIS POINT,I FEEL AN APOLOGY FROM ME IS IN ORDER TO ALL VHDA MEMBERS AND MY FELLOW HOUND HUNTERS IN GENERAL. AFTER REVIEWING WHAT I SAID IN MY POST REFERENCING MY CONVERSATION WITH MR. TOLLIVER,I AM SURE SOME OF YOU THOUGHT I WAS ALLEDGING MISCONDUCT ON SOMEONES PART.PLEASE KNOW THIS IS NOT THE CASE.

AGAIN, I SINCERELY APOLOGIZE TO THOSE WHO TOOK IT THAT WAY.

FEEL FREE TO CALL TO DISCUSS THIS FURTHER. 7576517399
    JMMJR,VHDA

There are often tons of field trials to benefit many worhty chartities that go on every week in both states(Va/NC) and other states. Take the benefit auctions the Mcurdy folks put on almost continuously.Benefit hunts for needy familys with children or other family members who are ill and need financial help.The foxhunting comm. is by far one of the most gernerous giving groups I know of. We should be able to give Mr. Toliver more positive info that he can comprehend.I personnaly don't pen trial but see these types of benefit hunts posted on speeddogs weekly. Common guys start the emails.The search data base for the message board should supply all the information he would need for a good positive article.Hope this helps.

Realist:

I know you are able to give us the exact line in the Constitution (which by the way I always spell with a capital "C" out of respect) that forbids one to retrieve his rightful property.

When you have time, would you please point it out to us?

CSSJR

I understand the court date has been changed to NOV 3rd ? Sparky D ...

DENNIS,
    YOU ARE CORRECT. THE CASE HAS BEEN CONTINUED UNTIL NOV. 3 2008. AS OF NOW, IT IS STILL SET FOR SUFFOLK CIRCUIT COURT.

FURTHER, I RECIEVED A CALL FROM THE PRESIDENT OF WALTERS HUNT CLUB OVER THE WEEKEND. WHILE HE APPRECIATES OUR MORAL SUPPORT AND INTEREST,HE IS DECLINING ANY FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE BASED UPON ADVICE OF COUNSEL.
    THANKS,
    JMMJR,VHDA

wonder why councel would tell him to deny financial assistance from other hunters?????

CHUCK,
    I DID NOT GET INTO THAT,AND HE DIDNT DISCUSS IT IN ANY DETAIL. I PROBABLY HAVE BEEN GETTING A LITTLE DEEPER INTO THINGS HERE LATELY THAN I NEED TO,SO I JUST PASSED ON THE INFO AS DIRECTED.

THE BOTTOM LINE IS WHEN YOU HIRE A LAWYER YOU PRETTY MUCH DO WHAT THEY TELL YOU TO DO.
    THANKS,
    JMMJR,VHDA

YEP YOUR ABSOLUTLEY RIGHT ABOUT THAT JOHN

mr. realist is right it's ya'lls fault. if i don't want you on my land you ain't coming says mr. remington!!

I suggest the next BASS event that comes remotely close to anyones town we organize as a group and protest against Mr. lytle in front of all of the sportsman and the organizers for the BASS events. Maybe even send mass emails to his sponsors about how much of an outdoor sportsman supporter he is. We would surely get TV publicity for free then as well.

That would work, No sponsor who won't it's name drag threw the muck.

I just think that is a diplomatic way to do exactly what he is tryin to do to dog hunting. If ya hit him where it hurts maybe he will be a little less of a turd to other hunters and sportsman in general.I know the BASS comes to Richmond on a yearly basis and it is a widely televised event and also a easy way for us as the dog community to get free publicity.We would have to organize in a manner to get our point across without looking like a bunch of PETA protester but this can be done. What would keep me legally from following him in a BASS event( in my own boat of course) and casting right on top of him every time he casts? I would also guarantee you if his sponsors and the BASS had this type of protesting going on for one of their members they would take action and step in. Just a thought. I would even help whomever to organize it if enough people would go. It won't work unless we show up in mass numbers though. No one listens to people who make ripples only the ones who make tidal waves.

THE BOTTOM LINE IS WHEN YOU HIRE A LAWYER YOU PRETTY MUCH DO WHAT THEY TELL YOU TO DO.
    THANKS,
    JMMJR,VHDA
    chuck lafoon [topgun kennels]
    YEP YOUR ABSOLUTLEY RIGHT ABOUT THAT JOHN

Why does this sound so much like SAC member Hackett? "We did what we were told. We didn't have any control over that. We told them, but they didn't listen."

Hackett's shown is ass here repeatedly. Please don't make it a contest. Anyone from HSUS reading this board gets encouragement enough.

BOB,
    WHAT ARE YOU GETTING AT? THE HUNT CLUB PRESIDENT CALLED ME DIRECTLY AND TOLD ME HE WOULD NOT ACCEPT ANY DONATIONS PER THE ADVICE OF HIS ATTY.. I SIMPLY PASSED THAT ON TO THE READERS OF THIS SITE. IF THAT MAKES ME AN ASS OR OTHERWISE WRONG,YOU NEED TO EXPLAIN HOW.

IM SORRY, BUT IF THERE IS A POINT TO WHAT YOU STATED, I SURE MISSED IT.
    JMMJR,VHDA

So road dog whoever that is!! You would spend the rest of your life in prison for shooting someone with MR. REMINGTON for retreving a dog off your land which by the way is still legal? That would be the civil thing to do DUMB A--!!!!!

Road dog I wouldn't be lucky enough to wander on your land. I would love to own a nice piece of land at your exspense.

burtwell stanks

Why dont the people that say all the stupid s*** on here post their names?? Oh yea they know they sound like MORONS!!! POST YOUR REAL NAMES COWARDS!!!!

Hey everyone calm down. These people are mad because we are wining the fight and are trying to provoke you into a fight. laugh and go on at their childish adolesent immature remarks.

Bob. your talking in riddles. Where do I fit into this conversation? This seems to be another one of your mindless accusations made in attempt to make yourself look important.
    That was a real good job you did representing your constituents at the VDGIF meeting on Oct 23. I looked around for you and you were nowhere to be found. It would have been a good time for you and all of your infinite wisdom to stand up and speak on behalf of that organization you represent. I guess you didn't get that call. You might want to change to verizon where you can get more bars in more places.

CURT LYTLE VERSUS WALTERS HUNT CLUB APPEARED IN SUFFOLK CIRCUIT COURT EARLIER TODAY.

BOTH SIDES HAD PRELIMINARY MOTIONS DENIED. WALTERS CLUB ATTY. BASICALLY ASKED FOR A DISMISSAL, WHICH WAS DENIED. LYTLE ATTY. ASKED FOR TEMPORARY INJUNCTION AGAINST HUNT CLUB FOR UPCOMOING HUNTING SEASON WHICH WAS DENIED.

THIS TAKES THE CASE TO A FULL HEARING WHICH MAY NOT OCCUR UNTIL MARCH ,2009. NO EXACT DATE HAS BEEN SET.

WILL CINTINUE TO FOLLOW AND PROVIDE ANY UPDATES.
    JMMJR,VHDA

good post mr hackett

any new information on this case? is he still causin troubles? when are they going to court?

IT IS SCHEDULED FOR TODAY.WILL UPDATE LATER ON.
    JMMJR,VHDA

heard it was continued again until march

YOU ARE CORRECT ,THE CASE HAS BEEN CONTINUED YET ANOTHER TIME.
    IT IS NOW SET FOR MARCH 31,2009 AT 9 AM IN ISLE OF WIGHT CIRCUIT COURT.
    I WILL BE THERE AGAIN TO UPDATE.
    JMMJR,VHDA