SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Halifax County NC Deer Dogs

The county commissioners meeting will be held in the historic county courthouse on Monday February 17,2020 at 5:30 PM. I hope we can flood the courthouse with orange hatted hunters to try and voice opposition to the new anti-dog hunting ordinance that is proposed for the 2020 deer season. I urge all hunters to attend. You might think because you don't hunt Halifax County that it doesn't affect you. Well think again. If this passes in Halifax County you will be next on the list. Help us show the commissioners that we will not take this laying down. These commissioners need to realize we oppose such an ordinance. We need to get out and vote down each commissioner starting with the next election. Our hunters need to run for office so we will have a voice in our future. I urge any hunter from any county to show up for this meeting and help us. They slipped this by us in secrecy. Now we must be vocal and vigilant in our fight. However our fight must be respectable but strong.

The county needs to understand some of the possible impacts this may have. Economically hunters from out of town that are members of these clubs will spend there money elsewhere in a county that welcomes deer hunters with dogs. There is a motor vehicle impact. Hunters with dogs harvest a lot of doe deer versus still hunters sniping in a tree. Those hunters are looking mostly for large antlers and harvest few deer. The population may explode causing a surge in traffic accidents and motor vehicle deaths.

This ordinance should have never been proposed. The Wildlife Commission will regulate dog hunting as it determines appropriate. A few influential farmers and landowners quietly slipped this proposal in so hunters would not be prepared. We need to remove from office the leaders of this county that support this proposal. I will not identify you or embarrass you but I know who you are. You will need to campaign hard at the next elections.