SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Opinions on best bloodlines for outside deer dogs

Trying to get me a new pack built and was wondering what bloodlines have made good outside deer dogs,in other words a little sense and good hunt willing to bust the bushes and trail deer up and jump him and run him with plenty of mouth. I have had Hill bred dogs years ago and really liked them but have been out of needing these kind of dogs for a while, back in a big club lot's of water and rough country and find myself needing some of these types of hounds again. Any information is appreciated. Thanks. Charlie.

Re: Opinions on best bloodlines for outside deer dogs

charlie if in eastern n.c. give me a call.252 670 4400 have few nice ones need move

I'm in Florida. What kind of breeding are your hounds and what are you asking for them? Thanks. Charlie.

For deer, get some that go back to J&R CJ. Ones I ran with had great mouths and loved a deer.

For the outside, Hill’s,Hellums and Eastcoast Hollywood breedings will consistently produce hounds with plenty of nose, speed and in most cases a head full of sense. I’ve got a bloodline with all that going back 6 generations that works. None for sale at this time but will have some April pups this Spring.

Triggs make really good outside dogs. Most have big mouths and are track minded. Kind of hard to find them anymore but there are a few breeders still around.