SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Jo Ann Stone

For the second time in less than a week, another giant in the foxhunting world has passed from our midst. I am deeply saddened to say that Jo Ann Stone, Editor of The Chase, died early this morning at her home in Lexington, Kentucky. This lady was at the core of what the magazine stands for and was the heart of the publication for the past 58 years. She did her job the right way, with integrity, and a commitment rarely seen in today’s society. The foxhunting fraternity is a better place because of her contribution.

Re: Jo Ann Stone

Susan,
    Such sad news! JoAnn will be missed by many, and was always helpful!
    A "void" at the Chase that will be hard to fill!
    Prayers for the family!

Allan Bishop

sorry hear about miss jo ann.enjoyed our conversations each year at nationals.she be missed.

Miss Stone was probably the most knowledgable person on hound pedigrees in America.....I had a conversation with her a few months back to catch up on things,,,,,She told me she started working for the Chase Magazine right out of high school in the 1960,s.......I think she said the early 1960,s if I remember correctly. Folks That is over 58 Years in the Sport as an administrator.
    No a ICON and as Susan said a Giant...How many people do we know that has worked 58 years anywhere.

Think of the changes she has seen and recorded.....She was a great friend to all who had dealings with the chase..Before they had computers she could run down problems in short order. For those of you that did not have a chance to know her yet. Jo Ann was always positive and upbeat..She was a great friend to us all and was a class act.....We should all feel a little empty spot in our hearts for her loss....And offer prayers to her family and her other family at the magazine...

"JO ANN ,,,,,I do hope the reds take in the entire kingdom"