SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Old Dog Hunt - Setting the record straight

Before I even post the hunt results, let me address the elephant in the room. We all are in this sport to have a good time, make some good friends and every once in a while have some bragging rights by placing or winning in a hunt. Most everyone that I know works hard breeding, training and all the other things that it takes to have a competitive hound (or beagle). We spend our hard earn money buying dog food, shots, garmin collars, etc... When we think we have the dog ready, we put a number on their side, get up early in the morning to drive to a hunt, fill out a registration sheet and pay our entry fee. I like everyone else goes to a hunt expecting to win but most of the time we do not. Sometimes we blame the dog for getting in the wrong spot in the pen, sometimes we think the pen did not have enough judges, bay-ups kept my dog from scoring, the number came off or the blanket got mud all over it among a dozen of other things that I have thought about. Every once in while we think to ourselves, how in the world did that dog beat mine as I outrun it every week pleasure running. Quickly we come to the conclusion that we just did not have the best on that day and just got beat. I am not into facebook (heck I don't even have a page) but received many calls about this hunt yesterday. I can tell you that the worst that could happen to our sport did in fact happen yesterday. We all at one time might have had that thought cross our mind but really had no way to verify or prove it. As I discovered this yesterday while I was putting in the final score sheets, I tried my best to get to the bottom of it. I talked to the judge in question several times to ensure that his score sheets were exactly as he saw every crossing caused it seemed really strange. He swore that it was exactly like he saw them. I asked him did he know the dog owner and he swore that he only knew him his name and not who he was. I then talked to the dog owner and he repeated the same line that he only knew the judge vaguely. I brought the judge back in and really started to dig into him but again he swore on everything that he saw exactly what he wrote down. I asked him to sign his score sheets and to also write a statement that he scored the dogs exactly like he saw them. I told him that if I find out he lied to me, I would have evidence of his score sheets. Being that they both swore they did nothing wrong, I proceeded to tally the final scores and call out the results. After the I got back home, I kept going over the score sheets because something was just eating at me that this was just too big of a coincidence. After studying them and digging through the numbers, my worst nightmare had come true. Yes, this judge penciled pushed these dogs. I have no doubt in my mind and I am 100% confident and have the evidence to show. I also received confirmation that not only did they know each other, they actually posted a facebook picture last night of them eating dinner together with the caption along the lines of haters are going to hate.

So with that I have a few things I want the cheaters to know. First I have an expression for you, cheaters never win. The correct plaques will be giving to the actual dogs that placed in their correct order and the next post will include the correct placing and owners of the dogs with your dogs removed. I have called every pen owner within 100 miles from your house (yes I found out where you live) and asked that you be banned from ever running your dogs in a pen again. Sorry for your bad luck as every pen owner agreed. You will never get recognized as a winner of this hunt on my post or any other post on speeddogs. I hope you enjoy your plaques because I will do everything I know to make sure you never have a chance to win another one anywhere. But the saddest thing is you sent two beautiful little girls up to the table yesterday to get your plaques when you know that you and your buddy had cheated to get them. They did not know any different as I am sure they were tickled to get them. I hope you can live with yourself and I want you to think of that image everytime you look at those plaques. You don't owe me or anyone else an apology but I pray that one day you apologize to those little girls for using them to disguise your cheating.

For the hunters that were at this hunt or any other hunt - I have judged, mastered or ran the computer at hundreds of hunts in the last 30 years. This has never happened at any hunt I have ever been involved with to my knowledge. Please don't let this event and this person discourage you from still going to hunts. If we do that, then he wins and we lose. Let's all work together to drive this person out of our sport so we can go back to where I started this post. That was have a good time, make some friends and every now and then get to hear our name called.

If I did not answer everyone's questions with this post, please feel free to give me a call at 252-202-6975 and I will answer any question you may have that I did not answer.

Re: Old Dog Hunt - Setting the record straight

Anything Randy Floyd touches turns to crap! He is funny with the money and is pocketing it. He held an old dog hunt last year and a concert, saying he was donating money to the VAHDA and the Albemarle Houndsmen, yet neither organization saw any money. The boy that cheated yesterday was a point of contact for selling tickets to this years concert. Y'all do the math....

Re: Old Dog Hunt - Setting the record straight

I’ve been out of dogs and the field trial for a few years but still keep up with some old friends and follow a few of the hunts for the results. I see nothing has changed. I was half way kicking around the idea of getting a few hounds and hunting again but after reading this I’ll pass.