SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: KIDNEY FAILURE Good Outcome??

I've had a couple dogs die from kidney failure. I have spent a lot of time with my vet, and extensive reading online. He suggested fish oil, and a product called epaktin, you can get it off amazon like $20. Its a powder you sprinkle over their food. It helps digest the proteins better using the digestive system more and the kidneys a little less. I have been doing this for my dog. He had severe kidney failure, vet give him a week at best to live. After doing this for several months I noticed his tremendous weight gain, and took him back to the vet to get his kidney numbers checked again he said he was doing great, still suffered slight kidney damage, but he can continue on, to just not over do it. I have run him on and off since and he still seems to be doing ok. I hope this helps