SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    2017 Carolina Breeders Cup Field Trial Results

2017 Carolina Breeders Cup Field Trial Results

The 17th running of this young dog hunt is in the books.
    We’ve had to dodge hurricanes the past 2 years , but the hunts have turned out to be outstanding. The weather was ideal – Sunny and in the 60’s – which is a blessing in South Carolina in early September.
    We had 174 dogs from 4 different states cast in the “Little Pen” in Manning, SC.
    Richard Evans has this place right , and ready.
    MOH Marvin Ricks and his 17 judges hustled to stay on them - Thank you guys , can not do it without ya’ll.

I’d like to thank the sponsors who helped support our hunt -

Thank you Specialty Feeds for our bench show awards. Thanks to Pride and Showtime dog food for our GTP awards. We were able to give away a ton of feed at the bench show , and 2 tons of feed to the top 10 in GTP.

Thanks to Chris McDonald with 3 Rivers Hound Supply – With Chris’ help we were able to give away a Garmin collar to the high dog in speed and drive each day. The first day’s winner was #5 owned by Jeremy Mercer and the high dog the second day was #6 owned by Donnie and Johnny Fairfax.

The hunt also gave back some bonus $$ to the top dog on each of the “halftime sheet” reports we posted during the hunt. Congrats to G-Vegas and Santee River kennels for winning those.
    And we also handed out envelopes to the top 5 in GTP.

Thanks to Wattie Turner at The Dog Food Center in Orangeburg for his donations. Thanks to Bobbie Jo Burris for the collar bags and trophies and T shirts. I’d also like to thank Sarah Sturgill for the computer entry.

I’d like to thank Terry Walker with The Hunter’s Horn for helping me gather the scores from the judges both days. Terry does a lot for the hunts and hunters. He offered to pay a bonus this year to the top 3 finishers in the hunt if they were registered – Alas , the top 3 didn’t take him up on this , and missed out on the added $$$ .

Thanks to the hunters who came to compete and congrats to those who were able to place – it was a very competitive hunt – It took 1260 GTP to win, and less than 200 points separated 1st to 10th GTP.

We hope to continue with this hunt next year and will let you know as it is planned.

- Hank Cranford
    Jeff Lucas Brad Richardson
    Travis Johnson Jim Avent

Results are posted in the results section.