SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: If we could go back 30 years.......

If I could go back 20 years because I was 12 30 years ago I would have made alot more effort to stay around the old school outside bred fox hounds of that period. There are alot of hounds from that period that were worthy but it always seemed that more than other breeds alot ended up being bred strong to the old Hornet and Midnight cross that spawned so many exceptional hounds.If you could look they are in almost everyones papers if you could go beyond the fifth generation you see on papers today. I would have made it my mission to get to know Author and Tony Purvis, Mr Reggie Edwards, Lewis Jordan, George Hill and Carlton Dawson who have repeatedly shown the ability over the past 30 plus years to have the knowledge and know how to breed what it takes to take you to that next level of breeding fox hounds. I had my fair share of hounds out of Mr. Purvis Senator Sam dog and they just flat had what it took to run there game with authority.I also had my fair share of Roscoe bred hounds that coudl also run the heck out of a pc of game. I feel as if I have had alot of pretty good hounds in my life time but only two really exceptional ones. Both of them were out of Senator Sam. Just my two cents worth. May only be worth a cent or less.

Re: If we could go back 30 years.......

SPENT MORE TIME LISTENING THAN TALKING !! TIMES SURE HAVE CHANGED IN 30 YEARS