SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Opinions wanted

We don't know if anyone feels the same but we're never going to keep our hounds tradition going if we don't speak up I remember when we first started out it was so much fun especially when one of our hounds placed 20 th it was such a great feeling in the past couple of years it seems if you don't have a hound in the top 5 or 10 you don't get recognized that 20th place felt like a 1st place to us and it still does I've seen a lot of changes that don't encourage anyone just starting out Any Suggestions On How We Can Keep Our Tradition Going I've been hearing a lot of disappointments,discouragement not getting anything back????

Re: Opinions wanted

For me and most hunters that I hunt with we don't wanna place 20th and are not content with 20th. It should make you or any one else to strive harder for the next hunt.

P.s we can't give everyone a parti****tion trophy.

I would say that it depends. If you're in a huge 3 day with 300-400 hounds, 20th is not so bad. But why would you be happy if you're at a puppy hunt with 40 pups and you place 20th. If it's that important to you, don't run in a hunt that only gives out a top 10 or 15. Most hunts advertise what places they are handling out so it should be simple. If you're new to the sport and want to place thatvad, cut down on the quantity of your hounds and improve on the quality of your hounds. The rest will take care of its self.

Top 20 places always good

GOOD IS THE ENEMY OF GREAT! If field trails are to help hunters produce a better hound; what is "NOT TOO BAD"?

Oh thou GREAT one.... Loosen up. Some of you guys are too serious. Not everyone has the ability or funds to raise or buy $1000 dogs. I do agree with the bettering of the hounds part. But if people are running trashy stuff they wont be in the top 20 anyway. making a dog the fastest is not always making it better. And most of these hunts are not HGA hunts that score a dog on hunting and trailing etc. ( the things that make a dog become almost a GREAT one). Some people have some really nice dogs that they have raised on their own and would really have accomplished something placing 19th out of 100 hounds. With all the politics etc surrounding the sport these days we need numbers. So if some low income hard working person wants to bring their children and backyard deer dogs to a family fun filled day of field trialing and they finish 20th, GOOD FOR THEM. If its a money hunt giving out 5 to 10 places then they should probably do something else that day. Just my opinion. 1, 10, 20, or 30. It doesnt matter. Loosen up and enjoy.

Re: Opinions wanted-Mr. Hunt

FIRST: Only God is Great. SECOND: A Field Trial is not a place to reward a Hunter. A Field Trial is a competition between Hounds; not men/women. A hunter never received a first place crossing. It is and should be about the hound. I fully understand that the hunter has a role in breeding, training and conditioning the hound. But it is still up to the hound to produce results. And when you put competition in the equation you have decided that there should be winners and losers.
    I rarely field trial any more. I like hunting with people who I enjoy being around and love to see and hear the work of good hounds, most of which others own. But when I do go to a trial I have hopes that my hound will compete. If he wins that is great. If he loses I will still bring him home. But I will not blame someone else for the results nor expect someone to pat me on the back and say "it's alright".

Well said Glenn

A lot of these comments sound like they don't need my 70th place dog in there hunt or 20th place dog so my money not as good as the man with the first place dog cause that is what a lot of these comments sound like come guys a hunt is to see who has the best who has a chance to place there dog out of 100 or 200 how ever many dogs are there that man in 20th place you need as much as the man in first for without those last place guys your hunts would be NO MORE STOP AND THINK ABOUT IT THE PEN NEEDS EVERYONE THEY CAN TO COME TO THE HUNT TO HELP OPERATE THE PEN ASK ANY PEN OWNER BIG PEN IF THEY CAN RUN THERE PEN WITHOUT THAT 20TH MAN OR THE LAST PLACE MAN FOR THAT FACT. I'm going to hunts that care not ones that just want my money

Nail on the head Glenn. All about the hound. Thanks

"If you aint first, you're last".---------------Ricky Bobby

Shake and Bake!!

Anybody that says they don't want the best of the best...is fibbin'

Good Hunting
    John Foster

I think all hunts but money hunts should give out 20 trophies they take in enough money I know it cost to run a pen first hand I do. But I got a 7 and 3 year old little girls that are just as happy with 20th place as they are 1st think about the younger generation that's out there working there but off just to stay competitive these hunts we pay good money to run in stop being tight and if everyone had a first place dog what's the point to have the hunt. And think of it like this those 20th place guys are the ones paying for your first place trophy stop being jerks. Mrs Jordan I love your post and you and Norman for everything you do for me and my dogs and the sport

Thanks for speaking on are future generations 😊👍