SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    SOUTHERN HUNTING DOG ALLIANCE

As most of us know, "hunting with dogs has come under assault in many states, and in many forms in recent years. There has been concern expressed by hunters & hunting organizations across the country. Through the efforts of some in the "dog hunting community", a Conference was held in Tennessee, June 23rd & 24th. It was a coming together of hunting organizations from many states.
    Below is an article written by one of the attendees, Ed Barnes. It is a bit lengthy, but worthwhile reading if you hunt with dogs, and care about its' future!
    I hope you enjoy it, and we had a great conference.

Allan Bishop

Southern Dog Hunting Alliance Conference:

Summer is in full swing and that sun seems to hang overhead, licking it’s lips like a hungry boy over a pot of stew on a winter day. The dreadful thing does set everyday though, and brings those summer nights that fill a lifetime of memories with a loud humming of frogs and bugs and every now and then dogs baying hogs. We have been catching a good few hogs here in Oklahoma, and while I’d like to lie a bit, there is something more important on my plate. There isn’t a dogman alive that wouldn’t agree that our way of life is under attack. Most times I feel like an old well bucket, with the bottom kicked out, sitting beside a water spigot, useless and reduced to a relic fitting to be screwed to the wall of a Cracker Barrel restaurant as nostalgic decoration. Sometimes it seems a cruel joke that men like us would be thrown into this world, at this time, and be forced to fight for our place in a shrinking natural world and an often un-natural order. Our way of life has been marginalized, so we fight to delay being placed on a table at an antique shop. June 23 and 24 I was lucky enough to represent Oklahoma dogmen at the first meeting of the Southern Hunting Dog Alliance, in Tennessee. The SHDA is the brainchild of Arkansas Dog Hunters Association President, Jeromy Sullivent and Kirby Burch of the Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance. Present at the meeting were : Alabama Hunting Dog Alliance, Alabama Dog Hunters Association, American Fox Hound Association, Arkansas Dog Hunters Association, C&H Publishing, Dixieland Dog Hunters, Eastern Carolina Houndsmen Alliance, Georgia Hunting and Fishing Federation, Gun Dog Supply, Louisiana Sportsmens Alliance, Mississippi Hunting Dog Association, Missouri Hunting and Working Dog Alliance, Missouri Sporting Dog Alliance, National Sporting Dog LLC, North Carolina Sporting Dog Association, Oklahoma Dog Hunters Association, Pride Dog Food, Southeastern Dog Hunters Association, Tennessee Bear Hunters Association, Tennessee Hunting Dog Alliance, Texas Working Dog Alliance and Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance. That is for sure a mouthful, but I recall all of that so that everyone can see what a momentous event this was. Now you’d think with that many chiefs in a conference room the poor microphone would be ripped in two, such was not the case. Meetings of this type have been attempted before, though they fell apart under the weight of the issues and the lack of a footing. Kirby and Jeromy poured a good foundation and had the whole weekend planned, outlined and structured to succeed. After everyone had given a brief introduction the meeting took shape quickly and each state gave a run-down of the major issues affecting their houndsmen. Not surprisingly, pretty much everyone had very similar issues, and I can’t help but think that the organizers of the meeting knew this, and knew that we all needed to hear it so that we more readily understood we were all in the same boat. I won’t bore everyone here with the details of the next two days, I will just say that everyone in attendance left with more knowledge than they walked in with. The nine hour drive home gave me plenty of time to think on the goings-on of the last two days, and with each mile it started to sink in what had happened. History had been made. A framework had been built that could very well push us into the future. My phone was ringing extra loud, and lots of questions were on the other end. The meeting had been mostly secret, but as it closed and became known there was an audible buzz. Houndsmen were excited, and rightly so! For decades our enemies have networked and led co-ordinated attacks against us. We were easy targets, un-organized and each of us standing alone. NO MORE! There has been a bit of confusion surrounding the Southern Hunting Dog Alliance, so I would like to clear things up a bit. The SHDA meeting did not build a structured association that folks can join. There is not a personal membership to the SHDA. The SHDA is a co-operative that your state associations will be using to learn to do their jobs better. State organizations will be using the SHDA to network with other organizations that have fought the battles in the past that other states may be getting ready to fight. I have seen the faces of people go slack when I tell them that, they seem disappointed there is not an organization to join, but at this point in our struggle we all need to focus on strengthening our local organizations. I have said it so much that I am thinking of getting a tattoo so I can just point to my arm : Join your local, or nearest hunting dog association and dig in and help! Every single hunting dog organization is in need of dedicated folks willing to work to help ensure this way of life moves into the future. Get involved and think of our collective future in every word that leaves your mouth, think of our future in all of your actions.
    See you at the bay, Ed Barnes

Re: SOUTHERN HUNTING DOG ALLIANCE

Himalayan Crystal a marvel of nature, is renowned for its purity and unique properties. Mined from the majestic Himalayan mountain range, this crystal is a symbol of clarity and energy. Known for its pristine composition, it is believed to radiate positive vibrations and enhance the ambiance of any space.https://www.reviewershut.com/review/himalayancrystal