SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Please help a young pup ankle question?

I had one come back with a knot also kept him up 6 weeks. Ran him in the pen on a Friday night for 6 hrs. He wuz fine until Saturday evening i noticed he wuz favoring the front leg. Sunday evening into Monday he wuz back jump around and walking on it. Once they tweak something that young it usually will always bother them.

I was scared of that. Thank you for replying back

It probably is not a ligament issue she probably just tweeked it. I have 4 pups that I'm running now and one of the males was limping badly on one shoulder when I got him out of the breaking pen. I laid him up a couple of weeks and then started running him again while watching for any issues and I gradually built up the time that I allowed him to run. I was able to win a hunt with him this past weekend. I have a littter mate that one of her front ankles swells after running hard and she favors it some the next day but seems to be fine after two days. This female has placed consistently in almost every hunt that she's been in and shows no signs of lameness during the hunt. I have not been giving her any medication for the ankle but have wondered if I should be giving her an anti inflammatory.
    "H" I believe that with what you described that your hound will be fine if you just be patient and ease her back into running. I would hold on to her and give her a chance before you make a decision that you may regret later. She may be an excellent one day dog but not a three day dog. Good luck with your hound.

Tim Cherry

Thank you Mr. Tim, I appreciate it! Ill do just that. Thanks again

Thank you Mr. Tim, I appreciate it! Ill do just that. Thanks again