SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    hunters opinion Hellums for deer woods

They are tough in a way in the deer woods that few other lines shown me. You better train them to the tone button in a none hunting situation early on. You best turn loose early I have one here that chews through all brands of wire and goes through electric wire chews or climbs out.Several people owned but got fed up with his acts of Houdini He will run for days but will come home no matter how far he goes. I got him from a fellow as he had destroyed his pens escaping. I had a special cage built out of live stock panels that cant be chewed through . i am 58 cant run like i use too have youngsters that are fast helps if they are not tone broke . The invention of the ALPHA SHOCK TONE TRACK IN ONE HELPS. The DRIVE TRACK is like a huge GPS that shows roads fields logging roads and has birds eyes helps. You can't own Hellums on a small hunting club so you better have cooperative adjoing hunt clubs or assess to go catch them. Yeah they are high Octane can he hard long days but when you take off 2 weeks to hunt every day the other strains just cant take it. I have had hounds for almost 50 years and they proven to me they are beyond tough almost like they were let out hell. The name HELLUMS fits their desire freak nature.I wouldnt trade my lunatic Houdini for nothing. We got six 6 Month old Hellums pups that can already track trial and jump a deer and run him to the next county and will run all day and you got get them out the woods late in the day. No other line has shown me this I am very hard to please and wont own or breed to a soft dog that is burnt out in 4 0r 5 hours of hard running. Hellums are hard to find as few people like white dogs but they show up better at night crossing a road less likely to get ran over.I hope people dont over look this line. Dogs often that are trained to run in pens sometimes struggle in ranging out to find game and trailing when game is scarce in the wild. Hellums are tough enough that the desire to hunt is there that will put game on its feet somewhere. They are like a Timex watch they can take a lick and keep on ticking. These dogs are natural borne anabolic dont need any help.

Re: hunters opinion Hellums for deer woods

You said a mouthfull there sir lol I've got one that's 14 and she will get out run all day and come back home after it gets dark, we just got her back Friday after getting out early that morning a lady that walks everyday said she seen a deer fly across a field and a white dog was screaming across right after the deer came

Re: hunters opinion Hellums for deer woods

You said a mouthfull there sir lol I've got one that's 14 and she will get out run all day and come back home after it gets dark, we just got her back Friday after getting out early that morning a lady that walks everyday said she seen a deer fly across a field and a white dog was screaming across right after the deer came