SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    The Winners of the 2016 “Test of the Best”

The time has come for me to announce the 2016 winners of the Chase-Pride-Johnson’s Telemetry “Test of the Best” competition. Last year was a notable time in the history of this contest, with a record number of entries competing for the coveted top five places in the Puppy and One-Day divisions. The winner of the Puppy category broke the 1,000 point mark and set a record for number of ac***ulated points and placements, leading this division for most of the year with supreme authority. A different story however occurred in the 1-Day, with the first place hound shadowing the top for several months before rallying to attain the coveted win.

I want to take a moment and say just how much I appreciate the preserve owners who dedicated their series of trials to the “Test of the Best” competition. You show your support to the Chase but most of all, you folks support the freedom of the sport. This competition would be nothing without the people who put the hunts on. I also want to thank my good friend Mike Carr of The Pride Dog Food, for his unwavering support of this contest. This gentleman is many things to so many people, a not so hidden gem that makes it all come alive. A special thank you to Debbie Johnson of Johnson’s Telemetry for her prize contribution. Here at last, are the winning hounds for the 2016 “Test of the Best” competition:

1-Day Division:

1) Jenna’s Luna #370233 (Hound finished with 730 points)
    Goode’s Ten Man – Powell’s Meanie
    Owned by Chris & Jenna Powell, Sight Chase Knl; Prospect, VA

2) Showtyme’s Pretty Boy #371223 (Hound finished with 680 points and 12 placements)
    Lakehill’s Ike – Hard Strokin’ Cowgirl
    Owned by Showtyme Knl; Carson, VA

3) Carroll’s Grizzly #371679 (Hound finished with 680 points and 9 placements)
    GGK’s Wasted – Pate’s Buttercup
    Owned by Jeremy Carroll, Eight O four Knl; Colonial Heights, VA

4) Whoman’s Spec NR (Hound finished with 640 points)
    Kyle’s Remington – Whoman’s Shelia
    Owned by Jimmy Parsons, Whoman Knl; Waverly, VA

5) P&C Soul Brother #370797 (Hound finished with 620 points)
    Buckshot’s Hard Rock – Nightmare’s Soul Sista
    Owned by Sight Chase Knl; Prospect, VA

Puppy Division:

1) Buck Meadow Ms. Priss #371715 (Hound finished with 1,180 points)
    Buckshot’s Speed Dial – Buck Meadow Spec
    Owned by Buck Meadow/Raintree Knl; Pikeville, NC

2) Buck Meadow Izzy #371716 (Hound finished with 870 points)
    Buckshot’s Speed Dial – Buck Meadow Spec
    Owned by Buck Meadow/Raintree Knl; Pikeville, NC

3) Mercer’s Pound Cake #373018 (Hound finished with 680 points)
    Buckshot’s Hard Rock – WT’s Brickhouse
    Owned by Jeremy Mercer, J&R Inc; Clinton, NC

Tie for 4th place
    4) Thornton’s Jenny R. #373071 (Hound finished with 540 points and 7 placements)
    Mercer’s Red J. – Mercer’s Ugly
    Owned by Ross Thornton, Clinton, NC
    4) Unity Creek’s Fern NR (Hound finished with 540 points and 7 placements)
    Bond’s Hurricane – Packer’s Tracy
    Owned by Unity Creek Knl; Zuni, VA

5) Smokin’ Aces Heybo #372090 (Hound finished with 520 points)
    Bond’s Hurricane – Homegrown’s Kit Kat
    Owned by Jimmy Maines, Smokin’ Aces Knl; Trenton, NC

This contest is one of precision leaving no room for error either from the hounds that excel, or from myself in tracking the data. Each of the hounds above placed in hunts that met ALL criteria of “Test of the Best” eligibility with results submitted and printed in the Chase magazine. I congratulate each hound and their respective owners for their consistent performance in a very remarkable “Test of the Best” finish. Look for a final standings report in the April issue of The Chase, that will go deep into the rankings. These eleven hounds and their owners will be recognized the evening of Thursday, March 30 in Lexington, Kentucky.