SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: HB1900 passes Committee! WE NEED YOUR HELP NOW!

There is a company in va.(I'm not sure if it's legal to name them so I wont) that is in the business of finding and brokering the rental of private land for hunting and outdoor recreation. They are a self proclaimed multi-million dollar industry ie big money. Hound hunters do lease land and I guess technically they are a part of the commercial side of hunting but the land isn't leased by dog hunting clubs to turn a profit. Dog hunting clubs lease alot of land throughout the state and they are able to do so through membership dues. The dues are primarily for land lease and insurance with little or no money left over at the end of the year. Get rid of the dogs you get rid of the clubs, the land that the clubs have leased for years are open for rent now,ie agenda. It's not easy to abolish hunting with hounds all together so the next best thing is to make rules and laws that that will little by little end hunting with hounds.It is interesting that a lawmaker would entertain the idea of making laws that are directed towards 65% of all hunters in va.that make up only 2% of complaints. Trust me there is an agenda beyond landowner rights. I am also a landowner and I don't take my rights lightly, but hounds pass through just like the game they pursue and I see no infringement. Hope this answers some of your questions "ralph".

As for me and the way a lot of us are we still hunt in early season because we love the outdoors and the chance of harvesting a wall hanger the same as anybody that loves the sport of hunting. But a lot of us also go to pass the time till the second Sat in November That is when we can enjoy our hounds and fellowship. And no this bill does not stop us from turning our dogs loose it is just a stepping stone to that. Every year a bill is put forth to only get closer to the day to stop hunting with hounds. I am a firm believer in respecting peoples views and the way they like to do things I just wish that the same would go both ways I grew up hunting with hounds and would like the same for my children one day. Remember every group still hunters or hunting with hounds has bad apples that give you bad names its the way it is that should not reflect the rest of us. Stand for what you believe in but respect others believes as well because at the end of the day we are all hunters

Every year we have to fight to keep the dog hunting rights that we have. There is some group or groups that want to change what we do. If it is so bad why do 65% of hunters in va.parti****te in this form of hunting. We are not the people that we have been made out to be. I have enjoyed dog hunting with local and state law enforcement officers, pastors, town managers, conservation police officers,delegates and one senator. We have been blamed for everything imaginable. One example, beer cans, liquor bottles and other trash along the roads. Ever stopped to think that the vegetation that grows along the rural roadsides, dies off during dog hunting season, making the trash that's been there all summer exposed. Ever stopped to think that thanksgiving and Christmas are celebrated during this time and with that comes an increase in traffic in these areas. It seems to be human nature that when someone sees a group of people enjoying something that,this someone doesn't understand that it must be wrong and it must be stopped or at least regulated,why is that? Whether it's "big money", animal rights groups, disgruntled landowners or people that just don't like dog hunting is irrelevant to us. We know there is a bigger reason for this bill and if you want to satisfy your curiosty,do your homework and research those that would benefit from the end of dog hunting and you will find names that have been involved with past attempts at regulating what we do. We love our dogs, we love our Virginia Dog Hunting Alliance and we love our sport.VAHDA motto is defending our heritage and we will do just that without compromise. After all the motto is not "negotiating our heritage ". This stand has been referred to as "bullying" I refer to it as Patriotism. We could debate for years about how and why these bills are born but it doest matter. It is a ridiculous bill period. This is the best explanation I have for you "ralph"

Great Job Billy! It's just like a place that we hunt, there was trash left on the side of the road after deer season went out. I know for a fact it wasn't there during deer season, but guess who gets the blame. The Dog Hunter.

there are anti hound groups asking for money. i dont know there name but they have a facebook page with a go fund me account. i have a snapshot of there page i can text to anyone that wants it. they will be here in fla next week at the fwc commission meeting next week. to ask the commission to stop all dog hunting in fla. the one good thing is that the commission is planning on opening a fairly large amount of state land to dog hunting. at next weeks meeting. its all rabbit, squirrel and quail, but at least its dog hunting. there will be a few open to hog and coon dogs. this is a nationwide campaign. it will come to your area soon. please google is the humane society corrupt. you will not believe the information avaiable. also do the same with peta. we alraedy have a rule here about dogs trespassing. its not as harsh as yours sounds, but every dog here in the hunting areas no matter the breed. is usually considered by the uneducated implant a hound and sometimes the law also. whether it be local or the fwc. if my neighbors poodle chases a deer across my land or trees a squirrel in my yard thats just the cutest thing you ever saw, just hope your hound doesnt do it. most of the time its a fine but it could end up worse. 352-745-8225

Ralph has "departed"!

Allan Bishop
    (Jabber Jaw)