SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Marine Radio Question

OK first year I have needed a marine radio and I am having New Radio Issues.

1...Bought A Standard Horizon with a Rear Mike Plug where you can put Long Mike Cord In back 21feet cord and run radio behind seat with the Ram mike in front seat...Turns it on and everything...You have to press the DSC button and set Volume and Sql. and you are good to go.

PROBLEM......I wired radio straight to the battery...But everytime I start truck I have to reset volume and Sql. ( I feel if it is wired straight to battery starting truck should be no issue)
    Anyone know what the deal is on this......Going to check without RAM mike today and see if it happens.

PROBLEM 2,,,,Ant.... Reception not that good so was told to cut Ant to 44 inchs from where it came out of load to tip.
    Well it made it so bad you have to be right on top of me to be heard or to hear me. What to do?
    Magnetic ANT......

Thanks for Looking

Problem Fixed

As least for a little while

Re: Problem Fixed

gary ive never cut antenna the ones in our club that was told this has problems mine this year was blinking off when truck was started problem was bad ground.hows your buddys bootsie pups looking,

Re: Marine Radio Question

your radio is turning off due to when the starter is turning the voltage drops below the recommended voltage needed to run the radio without damaging the radio. Some radios have this and some don't. Your antenna problem could be several issues, bad coax, bad coil, radio not operating correctly. I would buy a new coax and temporary hook it up to see if that fixes it. SWR meters will say that your SWR is perfect when it is only reading the cable and not the antenna due to a short. Try your radio in a different truck if that is an option or try a magntetic antenna temporary to see if you have a antenna problem or a radio problem

Good Luck