SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Drive trac 70 question

Help me out guys
    Update alpha
    Down load Birdseye
    dseye to drive trac ??

Re: Drive trac 70 question

Yes, and update drivetrack also through garmin express, more than likely it will need the update out the box, be sure to select the software update as the map updates takes about 3 hours and isn't neccessary.

Todd I posted on another post about what everyone was thinking about the drive track. Still not a lot of info. Im not trying to be a pain, I am really interested in getting one, and just want to hear more about them. Are they working pretty good for the dog hunters hauling but in the trucks? For hunting purposes is it a good bit of difference than just using the hand held? Thank you guys for your time.

Since the last update a few weeks ago for drivetrack sales have increased dramatically.. I think they got a lot of the kinks worked out and it seems people are loving them, give me a call or text if you have any specific questions and Ill help you and tell you exactly what I know....

804-586-0345
    wilkins-outdoor-products.com

Will do. Thank you for your time, and getting back up with me. Appreciate it.

what is the price and can u walk away from truck and still be hook up otherwords can u get on top of dog box and still have connection I buy one
    if u can

Price is 399.99, I have walked about 60 feet away and it has kept signal, if it does lose it it will pick back up before you can get in seat of truck

tks todd also I use laptop will it work laptop and drive 70 at same time others might want 2 know answer 2 this 2 tks again

Yea it should...laptop would be plugged in and drivetrack would be wired

Mr. "H" Lawrence, I had the GPS Dawg 8" screen.. I have now gotten the Drive Track 70... the difference in the two is like night and day... the Drive Track is the way to go... there are no wires, no fumbling with different areas of the screen so the screen will move with your dogs... no having to reconnect and start over if you unplug your alpha from the lap top... no having to worry about hitting the wrong thing bc you are in motion or like in my case have fat fingers... The Drive Track is for the run and gun hunter, the lap top is for a person who never leaves the truck and can call the hunt on the fly for the rest of the club...

Mr Todd is correct, in his observations, because I have had the same results.. Also if you are going to order one make sure you use a good dealer like Outdoor Dog Supply, or Mr Todd Wilkins business.. I say this because there are some dealers who just sale and don't inform you of how to make this product better unless you ask... By that I mean Garmin fixed some problems that they over looked in production by means of updates... I know some dealers don't update so becareful of who you buy from... A good dealer will inform you and update your product for you like the ones above will do for you...

So to give you some input for someone who has had both, I am TOTALLY SOLD on the Drive Track... I feel you wont regret it...

Neil Vann (Rosebud)
    252-217-7941

Great. Thank you for taking the time to post all that information. I am going to go with the drivetrack then. Thank You for your time.

Do you update it the same as your Alpha on the Garmin webupdater

Yes sir you do... if u buy it from a respectable dealer they will update it for you ... your alpha will
    Have to be updated also if it does have the 5.80 version or above... a respectable dealer will be glad to do that also... if you need any help or need to order you any Garmin equipment I suggest you call Beach Billy at Outdoor dog Supply in Va... I hope this helps...

Neil Vann (Rosebud)
    252 217-7941

Yes sir you do... if u buy it from a respectable dealer they will update it for you ... your alpha will
    Have to be updated also if it does have the 5.80 version or above... a respectable dealer will be glad to do that also... if you need any help or need to order you any Garmin equipment I suggest you call Beach Billy at Outdoor dog Supply in Va... I hope this helps...

Neil Vann (Rosebud)
    252 217-7941

Neil Vann (Rosebud)
    252 217-7941

Neil Vann (Rosebud)
    252 217-7941

Neil Vann (Rosebud)
    252 217-7941

Neil Vann (Rosebud)
    252 217-7941

Neil Vann (Rosebud)
    252 217-7941

Neil Vann (Rosebud)
    252 217-7941

Neil Vann (Rosebud)
    252 217-7941

Neil Vann (Rosebud)
    252 217-7941

Neil Vann (Rosebud)
    252 217-7941

Ok thanks Rosebud

Hey Todd Wilkins, let's say someone else with a alpha in my club pulls up near me...will I lose signal and it start picking up his collars? If so how do I restrict so that nothing enterferes?

Last update fixes that, if you get one now it'll need to be updated out the box and then it will just link to your box

Wish Garmin would do an update on the TT 5,10,15 collars like they have the Drive Track so that it would link your collars to your handheld so that you don't jump from your collar to someone else's.