SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Admire/admire pro whats the truth

I have 2 bottles of the admire pro,,,I have put it on my dogs 3-5 times in 2 1/2 weeks ,,,last week I took hair clippers and shaved spots on there neck and back,,,I still have fleas,,,,what could I be doing wrong?,,, I have not diluted it with water,,,,,

Ronald, I bought 2 bottles a couple years ago. I only use it when I see a flea. Kept 1 bottle at the dog pen, the other in the house, couple months ago I saw some fleas on dogs. Put 3 cc down backs a couple times helped but did not get rid of all. Then I used the bottle that was in the house and all fleas was gone.
    The bottle at the pen was not in direct sun light but still in the sun light, I think it may loose its effectiveness outside in the natural light and the heat.
    It's the best stuff I've ever used though.

It kills the fleas. I have used various band name and generics labeled with the active ingredient, Imidacloprid. Advantage, admire and so on. I too have experienced that it can get weak with age. I had to find some newer this year due to what I had was several years old and didn't seem to work. I don't usually put any on the dogs until late spring or early summer and still may not if I don't see any fleas. I have seen fleas on a dog after I treated them with it. The fleas seemed to be in a stupor, while some fleas would be dead. I just hope fleas don't adapt and not die from it, that was my largest worry this year when the older lot was not working.

Guys and Gals,
    Its simple and its basically kennel management 101. Spray, spray, spray the kennel grounds. You have to break the cycle of the fleas from hatching. If you don't, you will never get rid of them. Putting it on the dogs only kills the fleas that get on the dogs and essentially bite them. If you don't kill the fleas on the ground and hatching over and over for weeks, you will never get them under control. Admire, Widow, Advantage and any product containing, Imidacloprid, only kill the fleas after they actually bite the dogs. You have to spray the ground/kennel area to kill the overall population in addition to putting it on the dogs. Otherwise, you a wasting your money and time. It's simple, trust me.

I agree with you Cliff. You have to clean out all of the bedding real good too. That's and area that is easily overlooked but is a prime place for eggs to keep hatching and reinfesting your dogs.