SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: All these sunday hunts

I would never ask anyone to miss work or do anything they felt was against their principles or beliefs. The Pastor that was scheduled to speak on Easter Sunday was doing so to give people the opportunity to hear Gods word. He was not missing any functions or obligations at his Church. Our service was to be held at 6am way earlier than his duties at his Church. Yes I am a Sinner and will be judged by my Maker and by Him alone. I don’t make excuses for anything I do and refuse to be judged by someone else’s opinion of what is right or wrong. There are far worse things than running a hound on Sunday morning. Not a Preacher or Bible scholar but I heard a preacher say one time the Lord said go and make a joy full noise and that’s what we do at Old 74 on some not all Sunday mornings. I will be judged for my sins not yours and am comfortable with that, and I hope and trust that you are. Life is about choices and thank God we live in a country we are able choose what we do for the most part. Come if you want to and stay home if you don’t it’s your choice and do what’s right for you. This is my only response to this issue and I know it won’t be satisfactory but as we all sat It Is What It Is.
    Happy hunting every day and May God bless.

Aginst my better judgment I am going to state the beliefs that I have on this issue and you can take them or leave them as they are my beliefs and mine alone...

In Hebrews 10:25 it states: "Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching"

No where in that did it say "let us meet in the church" it said "let us meet" it does not matter were as long as you invite the lord to be apart of it.

Church is great if it is used as the lord intended as a place to meet and encourage one another and teach the lessons of the lord and learn from one another but in some cases people have lost the true meaning of church and the reasons we go.

In todays society church has become a function that we do on Sunday morning. Church has become an event instead of it being who we are. The word church has lost its meaning of family; the word has lost the meaning of us being a people. Going to church has become a weekly activity that we do. We’ve taken a word that defines who we are, a word that identifies us, and we’ve lessened it to an hour and a half episode that we do once a week. After the weekly church event, we then we all go home to our individual lives. It’s like going to the theatre, or going to school, going to work, or going to the grocery store. “We’re going to church!”

When we call the building a church or say that “we are going to church” we are taking away from the fact that “church” is our identity, not something we “go to”. When something is our identity, we are that thing all of the time. When we “go to something”, we are only parti****ting in that activity while we are there.

Look at it this way. If you are something, you are that thing everyday and you do what you are everyday. Are you a man? Then you never stop being one. Are you a woman? Then you never stop being a woman.

Same with the church! If we are the church, you never stop being the church. You cannot be the church on Sunday at 10:45 a.m. and then not be the church Tuesday at 10:45 a.m.

Again just my beliefs and by know means the gospel just mearly what I believe all we can do is try to follow the book and be the best children of the lord as we can be weather it be in a church or at Old 74 the place doesn't matter but the mind set and actions preformed does in my opion.

Happy Hunting I will be attending the hunt at Old 74 and I'm overly excited about it I hear it is a wounderful place and that the Mid South is a one of a kind hunt.

Thanks,

Bobby

I believe one can follow their religion and beliefs and be a good person without going to a church. A church is just a building where people of a faith choose to meet. That can easily be at any place where those people decide to go. For most people these days it is far easier on a schedule to have hunts on weekends so they don't have to miss as much work. Unless people want to make hunts more exclusive to independantly wealthy or just retired folks.

Y dont the ones that don't mind quoting scripture hold a prayer service after cast for the ones that want to attend. Shouldn't need the local pastor whn u have peolple like ur selves ther. It might have a impact on someone's life, A SINNER LIKE ME. Keep me in ur prayers.