SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Tell me what y'all think (Sick pups)

Try putting about 1 to 2 tenth cc ivomec in your wormer to each puppy, hook worms are hard to get rid of now.

Dwayne I forgot to mention I've already done that as well. And that was before i had lost any pups.

I had a friend that had a similar issue. He was feeding Buddy Boy which is what he always fed and started having the same issues as you. He switched to Showtime and immediately things turned around.

Good Luck

Sounds like hook worms to me. I use a postage scale to weigh them everytime. And with sa***uard I always give extra. I use valbazen. .1 cc per pound.

I just lost 3 this week tested negative for everything... Only thing I've learned is it could be hemorrhagic gastroenteritis look it up hge in dogs...

Distemper. I don't know if it will effect pups that young but from what I'm hearing it is very bad this year amongst everything. Wild and domestic animals. I lost a whole litter last year, never had any disease what so ever here. My neighbor seen a fox behind dog pens and within a week they were dead. Hope it's not that for the others sake.

We lost 2 last week same symptoms. 6 weeks old fat pretty one day watery eyes loss of a petite the next. Still on the mother, dead with in 2-3 days we didn't get ours tested and wormed regularly

Use liquid pancur it is one of the only things that kill what they got I took some to nc state vet clinic it will turn them around over night give 2.5 to 3cc a peice it will not hurt them it will work sa***uard an other wormer will not kill it.this will fix your problem

http://www.veterinaryplace.com/dog-medicine/panacur-for-dogs/

Little off the subject but a little related.
    Thought this was pretty informative and showed me I havent been giving enough. 60lb dog would get 27cc per day of liquid panancur or liquid sa***aurd.

Jeremy, for years now, I have been giving 10 cc's of liquid Panacur dewormer to my hounds each day for 3 days straight. You are saying that the correct dose is 27 cc's per day for 3 days in a row? Wonder if liquid Panacur comes in different level of strength? Is there a danger of over dosing my hounds with the 27 cc rate? No challenge from me just wondering if I am actually under dosing my hounds with the ten per day/3 days. I do know that sometimes a local horse vet here in south Illinois gives a 10X dose of sa***uard liquid to horses that never seem to be healthy and pass worm eggs thru the digestive system in their feces. This 27 cc rate could be the equivalent to the 10X rate of the vet to a heavily infested horse with worms? Thank you for posting this as we all need to know the correct rate. Chuck Richey

If you copy that link it has a calculator to convert kg to lbs. 1kg=2.2lbs. If you look at panacur or sa***aurd that is actually made for dogs the % of the active ingredient is stronger than the 10% solution for horses or goats.22.2% Fenbendazole in the dog one. Look on that website I posted I am going off what that says and it makes since considering the active ingredient for the dog one is twice as much as the one for gotas and horses. I'm not sure what the % is for panacur that comes from the vet. I to have given 10cc each day. That website says 1cc per kg. Whcih is 1cc per 2.2 lbs of the 10% solution.

Jeremy, thank you for the arithmetic and related information. Will look at the A.I. of my Panacur and see if it is ten percent or some other formulation.

If you have the liquid panacur from the vet let me know what the % is. I've seen liquid panacur online that says 10% but don't know if what the vet has is stronger.

Jeremy, I will do a little research on the subject and will respond back to you soon. Will get my facts straight first and will get back.

Had the same thing happen last summer, while they were still nursing their mother. Friday they were fine Monday one bout dead and several very weak. Black stools, I made some albon and started them on it and bought some NEW wormer (Pyrantel) and gave each pup 1cc ( I think my wormer that I had may have lost its strength)and then 5 days later wormed them again.. I gave them albon for 7 days as well... they got better.. did loose 2 of them before meds could work. I worm my pups weekly from 1 week of age til 12 weeks with Pyrantel and then give them a stronger wormer monthly.

Fought the same thing last year. Give them 3 cc of albon a piece every day for 10 days. Go to the vet and get albendazole wormer. The albendazole wormer I got from my vet last year said 1cc per 25lbs. So 1cc is definitely plenty. Give it for 5 to 7 days in a row. This turned mine around. You got to worm them more than normal because of how bad hooks can get.

Throw wormer away get some more or different. Had same happen couple yrs ago and bought new wormer, dogs looked find all of sudden same thing happen. Got bad batch of wormer. Got another bottle same kind wormed pups and they started passing a lot of worms. Saved other 3 pups lost 2.

Yea the hooks have become resistant to the pyrantel. You have to use liquid sa***aurd or panacur(same thing). 2 1/4 cc per 10 lbs is the dosage. A little extra wont hurt in a serious situation as yours.