SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    THE SC STATE HISTORY - COME ADD TO THE HISTORY!!!

In 1989 L&P Whiskey Yates was declared The SC State Winner after only one day
    of running. The remainder of the hunt was canceled due damage received from
    Hurricane Hugo. Not to be denied from her championship she returned in 1990 and
    won the hunt.

1929 This is the year that Wall Street crashed contributing to the Great Depression.
    The hunt was held at Camp Jackson, known today as Fort Jackson. Fancy won the Derby. She was owned by Golden Valley Kennels from Forest City, NC. Rex won the All- Age owned by WJ Meggs, Lockhart,SC. The report from The Chase stated that there were over Three Thousand people in attendance including the
    Governor.

1997, 1999, and 2003
    These are the years that hounds entered by Lenny Crowe won The SC State.
    1997 - Grainger's Rita, 1999 Dog Bluff Pippin, and 2003 Dog Bluff Rita

Re: THE SC STATE HISTORY - COME ADD TO THE HISTORY!!!

Glen I dont have memory like you.

I think Charles Graham won the SC STATE 3x do you remember what hounds and what years?

How About Hubert Clemons?

I remember Clemons Diamond getting 2nd one year and her knuckle was big as a softball and she ran right through the hunt.

I also know that HOF hound Wards Quick Lips won the SC STATE and she was an all time great....

No doubt lenny has got this hunt wrapped up!!!!!!

Pee Wee Harrington I love to win SC State again lot prestige in this hunt but competition will be very stiff always is, got Danials Bros, Stump, Brad Richardson and hunters like Fatcat, Richard Evans, chubs, Kyle Todd, Sam Hucks, Brian Haas, Charlie Nobles, Grady Radcliff, Hicks Knls, Greg Jolley, Glen Humphreys, Victoria and Ronnie Caughman, jeff Lucas, Victor Tanner,sandy Branch knls,spring Branch knls,boiling springs and congeree knls, did I mention outlaw knls....Tony Griffin, Craig Leggett, if Ronnie Cox comes he be to deal with. That just handfill of the heat coming if I could get one in with that company I be tickled.
    Not really sure what I did to piss u off but I'm buzz u tomorrow so me and u hook up figure out what's going on.

Can't wait see some friends at state and have some fun, love the cooking and fellowship we have at Manning.

Be good and see u soon.

Lenny Crowe

Roger Dat - as most have observed over time - the closer to the date of a field trial that Lenny is getting ready for - the more he seams to voice his opinion or parti****te within this forum - look at his post below - next thing you know he will be in the bench show business - a fine example of what it may or may not take to "get in the light" - most all good politicians work this way - a favorite southern tactic - just let the dogs handle it brother - and yes - this may very well be what it takes to win the SC State for the fourth time - WOW!.

As Glenn stated, this is a very historical event. The men and women who have helped keep this tradition going are to always be commended. Lenny has done more to help foxhunting in South Carolina than most will ever do. He has been a fine ambassador for our sport. Hopefully one day I can say the same about Pee Wee and Mr. Mixon. Get involved guys, help out as we have done over the many years and you will see. That doesn't help your dog out any but it sure earns you respect amongst your peers.
    Now as far as what gets your hounds where Lenny gets his. Go spend the TIME and MONEY he does on his and you boys will be up there in all those pictures with him.
    Hope to see you boys at the South Carolina State helping out with any task at hand carrying on a tradition.

As Glenn stated, this is a very historical event. The men and women who have helped keep this tradition going are to always be commended. Lenny has done more to help foxhunting in South Carolina than most will ever do. He has been a fine ambassador for our sport. Hopefully one day I can say the same about Pee Wee and Mr. Mixon. Get involved guys, help out as we have done over the many years and you will see. That doesn't help your dog out any but it sure earns you respect amongst your peers.
    Now as far as what gets your hounds where Lenny gets his. Go spend the TIME and MONEY he does on his and you boys will be up there in all those pictures with him.
    Hope to see you boys at the South Carolina State helping out with any task at hand carrying on a tradition.

One more thing guys. Give ALL of our judges a little more respect than you are showing because the way I take your silly and uneducated comments is that there is a judge out there that would cheat for Lenny Crowe. There is your WOW!
    Why don't you go ahead and call them all cheaters. Glad you enjoy and honor our sport as much as we do. WOW!

For further thought, clarification & consideration:

First - please reference the post on Masterfox titled "South Carolina State THREE DAY Field Trial by Travis Johnson dated March 31, 2016 at 3:26 am. Please note the list of contacts - 29 each- for "Ant questions or concerns you can contact:".

Bottom Line: As the history for this hunt, year in and year out reflects - ONE of the people that is listed in Travis's post on Masterfox (referenced above) WILL WIN THIS HUNT, THIS TIME AGAIN!

As for your comment about time and money spent/invested - I offer the following:
    For some, the perception is that the more time and money that one may spend on getting ready for a particular field trial would correlate directly into his or her chances of winning that same field trial. Bottom line - the results of a hunt should directly related to a dogs performance at that hunt, not the amount of time and money one has expended to set-up and/or support a hunt! Now for the record & before someone tries to turn this into a different subject as it would relate to how much time and money one might invest in getting their DOGS ready for a hunt, I would inform you that I have been in the field trial world way before Lenny could even old enough to drive to a field trial - not bashing Lenny - just stating the facts.

As for your comment about getting in the picture with Lenny - I offer the following:
    (1) I (we) have competed in more field trials, in more states than Lenny has on his field trial record. Yes, granted that Lenny has competed in more hunts within the state of SC but not nationally. In addition, i would not have wanted to be in the picture with him at his last hunt - 4th HGA here in SC. This particular dog - in our kennels - would be demoted to a deer dog after same. Please note that the dog placed due to hunting and trailing scores only. Not knocking this trait in a dog but his total speed and drive score for the hunt multiplied by TWO (X2) would barely have placed in speed & drive - He did not have a Endurance score!

We need to be more diligent in ensuring that a dogs field trial results are based on a dogs performance at that hunt not how much time and money one may spend on a hunt and certainly not on who one might be supporting!

Do not intend to offend anyone or talk negatively about a hunt- just my opinion stated. I will be sure to thoroughly review the SC state hunt results when complete.
    Thank you.

Ricky,
    Steven Howard won the All Age and Richie Powell won the derby last year. Well there goes Bottom Line down the drain.
    Hope you enjoy reviewing the results of one of the top hunts in the entire country.
    Now as for hounds such as Dog Bluff Samantha Fox. IF and that's a big IF, you own one that good, and you want to make it a deer dog. Let me know and I be glad to come pick it up. HaHaHaHa
    Happy Hunting man.
    Look forward to congratulating you on the next hound you place. Let us know when it happens.
    Hopefully you will join us at one of the most prestigious hunts in the country.

I never heard of Ricky Mixon but I'm ready to go run with you and show u my piddlers, the Uso was tough hunt to finish I'm tickled get 2 blue ribbons and other dog finished 16sd.
    Be good and I promise not affended by your comets but I will load my 11 up and we run them in day light and I politic with u....be good and see every one soon at hunt can't wait. ..

Be good
    Lenny

Brian remember bout year ago we we're joking and I said I wish people would accuse me of cheating, and reason is that means u doing good at hunts again. ..lol I got thick skin, I love it, only makes me hunt harder....see u soon and I saw pictures of your 188 he looks racey....

Lenny

When they're talking about you Lenny you doing something right brother see at the hunt