SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Honesty and Integrity

Good post Clint. All a man has is his word and sometimes actions pose as these words. My main concern is what is going to happen with these individuals. We must not have this swept under the rug. I hope this will also possibly be placed in the minds of others that may be doing the same thing that haven't been caught yet. Big thanks to Bucket and the rest of the judges for their hard work. One thing we can think about is when this kind of stuff happens people and the dogs are awarded as field trial winners or champions people then begin breeding these dogs and I believe this could be a very true reason of why our breed of hounds has been tarnished and watered down so much. We are all brothers that he a love for the same sport. If it takes cheating to be a winner what have you gained as that winner? Thanks for reading this and let me hear your opinion.

good post bud, they should be banned from all pens for what they did, if nothing happens to them, then it will keep happening, make an example out of them and do whats right!

THEY SHOULD BE BANNED FROM ALL PENS AND COMPITIONS AND THEIR NAMES PUBLICLY DISPLAYED FOR EVERYONE TO SEE AND A FULL AD WITH THE DETAILS OF THE EVENT AND THE ACTIONS OF THE INDIVUALS INVOLVED. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION FOR WHAT ITS WORTH AND THAT MAY NOT BE MUCH BUT ITS WERE I STAND ON THIS SITUATION IT WAS CHILDISH AND MAJOR STEP BACK IN THE SPORT AND ONE THAT WILL BE REMEMBERED FOR MANY YEARS TO COME. FEILD TRIALS ARE DESIGNED TO HELP BETTER THE BREED BY ESTABLISHING A STANDARD FOR WHAT A GOOD HOUND IS BY USING RULES, REGULATIONS AND THE JUDGING OF TRAITS OF WHAT A IDEAL HOUND SHOULD BE. EVERY PRINCIPLE WAS BROKEN IN THIS CASE OR AT LEAST FROM WHAT I GATHER

Hopefully these individuals will not be present next month during the WV state! If so then many of my fellow hunters and myself will not be attending.

They will not be.

This is how it is supposed to work. Great job by the Master and judges. Even tho I no longer have hounds, I still love to watch a good hound work and am fortunate enough to watch some good ones every deer season since Kashflow hunts with our club. I am proud to call them both my friends....

Someone got caught about time it Probly happens more than we think it does from 1 day benefits to some of the biggest 3 day hunts its obiviuos when some place dogs at certain hunts when certain people are involved but get there tails skint when they travel hunts should be more open

what exactly happen and how were they caught?just curious.

Only problem here is the secrecy. How can the cheaters be banned from other hunts and pens if no one will say who the cheaters are???

I guess Hunter forgot his whole name

People need to learn how to keep relationships outside the wire in a pen hunt and outside the boundaries in an outside hunt.

It is impossible to get away from some sort of relationship when judging. You many know someone, you may be kin to someone, you may have sold a pup to someone, you may have bought a pup from someone, you may have bred someone's hound. You may dislike someone or a type of line of hounds. The kennel of the month may be the best thing you have ever seen. The list goes on and on.

I have posted about this topic before and I still say we have too many "cheerleaders" out there. One is too many. I have judged and saw a fellow judge just about run up to the winner and tell them how they scored their hound and such. If someone asks a judge did they see so and so, I don't see anything wrong with that AFTER THE HUNT. Also, I don't see anything wrong if a judge decides not to ever say good or bad to anyone.

Computers aren't going to catch anyone slick. Computers have probably brought on more of this because of the lack of peer pressure in the judges room. When a man has to call out the scores in front of others, he has a lot of ears listening. Let me tell you, I judged before the computers and I don't think we could do it with yote running, it would take forever and mistakes would be many. If a hunt is not letting the judges check their scores against the sheets they turned in, then that needs to start happening. A printout can be produced and you have your sheets to check against.

All Hunting scores need to be on a separate sheet with the time and each judge should be able to see such and check against the times on their sheets. Any discrepancies or questions, you can then discuss situation as a group. This might deter any notion to give a underserving score. Everyone of us can and will make a mistake while judging, an honest mistake. We can all live with that, but the flat out deception is wrong and has really taken a lot of enjoyment out of field trialing.

The people that work at it the hardest do place more and they should. But, they shouldn't be given special treatment.

Well stated Jeffery!!!

Well stated Jeffrey. If you choose to judge a hunt, you should do it with the upmost honesty and integrity. As Clint stated, these are values and principles that you hope your parents instilled in you growing up. We do not need these kind of people in our sport as it is already tarnished enough today as it is. I don't want to sound cold, but this individual needs to be identified and banned from all pens! Just my two cents. I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter holiday.

I think it's a bunch of crap that no one will say who was caught, well, I know who did it and I will post it within 2 weeks if someone else doesn't, this is why nothing ever changes, make a dam example out of them and it might stop

Thank you sir, finally! BILLY CRAIG FOR PRESIDENT!!! Its all fine and dandy to speak your two cents on it fellas and glad it was caught and corrected but let's keep atleast this one bad apple from doing it again! Expose, ban and make an example of this individual. Too much money and effort put into this sport for people to get cheated and that goes for any hunt...inside, outside, 1 day, 2 day or 3 day!

What about the person or persons they were cheating for.Do they get a free pass.So at the next hunt the get some one else to do the same thing.Once a crook always a crook.Ban them all.

See the post from the Board of Directors of the "East Coast Classic"!

This adequately addresses the situation, and the actions taken!

Allan Bishop
    (Jabber Jaw)

Great job to everyone involved in handling this terrible situation. You are to be commended for your efforts.