SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: toning of hounds

Just my opinion. A rule is a rule you may not agree with it but sometimes if you want to parti****te you must follow the guide lines. I think this rule was made in a effort to stop the toning during a hunt. I myself don't enter hunts but do judge a lot and have seen first hand good dogs go down because of someone toning for whatever reason. I think if you thought enough of your hound to enter him in a hunt he should have already been trained and you as a hound owner should know what your hound is doing before you get there. Me myself I enjoy the sound of the race and I don't need to watch icons on a computer screen to let me know they are running. If so many people feel so strongly about this rule and don't like it look in to getting it changed

Re: toning of hounds

I think that's a good rule because there a lot of people that take advantage of the up to dated technology like garmin collars don't get me wrong we run them and there a life saver but you got those few that think of ways to use them against other hunters for instance putting them on hounds that's never wore one and just toning them to cause other dogs to quit not good it wouldn't bother me if you couldn't run them inside the wire to be honest cause they do nothing but take away from our sport especially when it comes to helping our fellow hunters how many people you know that goes in a pen for 5 min catch there hounds and let 50 run by them my point exactly but it just my opinion!