SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    toning of hounds

Thank u old 74 wish all major hunts need this rule.hunts like all american and uso 4 day hunts need it.

Re: toning of hounds

The Nationals rules state your not allowed to shock or tone a hound! Master hunt your not allowed to have you box on. I like being able to watch my hounds during a hunt . Me watching them will not change how they score. I have also had a collar mess up and start toning and shocking when I was not their a major malfunction in the collar. With this being said it is my opinion that if any one is caught doing so all their hounds should be scratched and banded form competing for a few months at any pen. This would ensure that the risk was not worth the reward.

I'm like bucket I like to watch my hounds to. I had a collar screw up one time when a fighter jet pass by. louis d. and jesse c. witness it to jet made 2nd pass before we realize what cause it. make a bet that 4 every hunter that has cheated with collars 10 more cheated with cell phones and list goes on, if this p,,s any 1 off ,my wife usually gets p''d off once a day 2 with me she gets over it

They already have that rule In USO national all American they run under national rules

With the rules not letting you shock or tone a hound should it not be against the rules to run a collar with that capability? If I am not mistaken competition coon Hunts don't allow it and the hunters have to run the collars without those features.

I was thinking about the same thing. I guess it's about time to get back to using the dc30s again.

Yeah understand rule,but how many time you been to these major hunts and see guys with gps in there hand.nc.state the all american and uso.i have seen this first hand from some big time hunters.nothing is ever said.to them about.it.rules need to be for everybody not just certain people.

National rule book says the activation of collar during running time is considered interference with the hound and a violation. Looking at the handheld screen is not activating the collar and is not illegal.

That is a master rule not to have your gps out during the hunt the hunts you just named our run under national rules Don't matter if you put them all in a box if some one wants cheat or gain an advantage they will just my thoughts

I enjoy watching my hounds on the screen at hunts. I paid a lot of money to be able to do that. I think not being able to is one of the dumbest rules the Masters has ever come up with. I never tone my hounds anyway. They don't even know what toning is. It's like they saying if you look at your Garmin you're a cheater. Well I'm not a cheater!! Don't like being treated like one either. I said earlier it's a dumb rule because if somebody wanted to shock or tone their dog you can't stop them. All they got to do is go in their camper or get in their truck and ride down the road. The bottom line is you can't stop a cheater. So don't punish the innocent because someone else won't do the right thing. It's just like Obama wanting to take our guns. If that happens the law abiding(RULE FOLLOWERS)won't have guns, but the crooks(CHEATERS)will. If the Masters think I'm a cheater, I'll just stay home, and go to National hunts.
    God Bless
    Bobby

There you go if you don't like rules you don't have to go and support and everyone is innocent until proven guilty. Don't like the rules don't go, feel like you were cheated don't go. This can be a fun family sport if you let it be or not any fun at all. Not everyone can be a winners every time and yes it's hard to beat a man with money, time and dedication, but it can be done. It's called outwork the completion, and my example William Blue and Chris and Angela Powell, people with limited resources but extreme dedication to the sport of field trialing. Just an Old Fat Mans Opinion !

Just my opinion. A rule is a rule you may not agree with it but sometimes if you want to parti****te you must follow the guide lines. I think this rule was made in a effort to stop the toning during a hunt. I myself don't enter hunts but do judge a lot and have seen first hand good dogs go down because of someone toning for whatever reason. I think if you thought enough of your hound to enter him in a hunt he should have already been trained and you as a hound owner should know what your hound is doing before you get there. Me myself I enjoy the sound of the race and I don't need to watch icons on a computer screen to let me know they are running. If so many people feel so strongly about this rule and don't like it look in to getting it changed

I think that's a good rule because there a lot of people that take advantage of the up to dated technology like garmin collars don't get me wrong we run them and there a life saver but you got those few that think of ways to use them against other hunters for instance putting them on hounds that's never wore one and just toning them to cause other dogs to quit not good it wouldn't bother me if you couldn't run them inside the wire to be honest cause they do nothing but take away from our sport especially when it comes to helping our fellow hunters how many people you know that goes in a pen for 5 min catch there hounds and let 50 run by them my point exactly but it just my opinion!