SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Fox pen culvert

Right now I'm using a piece of 4x4 square panel. It just clogs up bad when it rains. A flap door would be a good idea it would probably help keep the leaves from backing up as bad.

Expanded metal on end of pipe, have to use flat bottom shovel to scrape off debris when water gets high.

I HAVE A PEN @ HAVE A BIG PIPE IN THE CREEK MAKE U A SQUARE GATE OUT OF 1 INCH ANGLE WELD A GOOD HINGE TO TOP OF IT AND BOLT IT TO THE PIPE AT TOP PUT TIE STAPS HALF WAY DOWN ONE ON EACH SIDE WHEN WATERS TO HIGH IT WILL BRAKE STRAPS AND LET I****ER FLOW THROUGH AND IT WILL GO BACK DOWN WATER DOES THEN PUT NEW STRAPS ON BEEN WORKING FOR ME.

How about a sliding door sort of like on a hog trap with floats on the bottom of the door, when the water rises so will the door. Just an idea but you might could play with the concept and make it work.

Be careful with "Water Gates". Few years back running in the Florida State on the last day of the hunt a tree had floated into the water gate causing it to remain open. When the coyote went through the opening my hound and several more went behind him. We had a great race on the outside but unfortunately those hounds had no judges with them. However, I did get my hound back.