SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: playing on speed dogs

I agree there is a lot of bs in the classifieds, but I will say that having hounds jump turkeys is real.

I purchased a turkey hunt just like that years ago for my dad at a NWTF dinner because I thought he would really enjoy something like that in the fall. It was the most fun I have had a turkey hunt in a long time. The hounds go in and scatter the turkeys and then they get loaded back up.

For some reason the turkeys always return to where they were scattered from, so you just set up real fast and call very lightly and they come right back. My ole man ended up missing one but I will say it was a ton of fun and something I never really knew even existed.

Im not saying that the guy you are speaking of was playing a game or not but I just wanted to share my story because I had no idea it was a real thing until I went on a hunt myself.

two more weeks and its go time for us in VA... Getting excited.