SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Harold Smiley Sr. of Arcola Gun Club Passes

It is with great sadness I report the passing Of Harold Smiley from Warren County North Carolina.

Harold Smiley 72 passed away in his sleep Thursday Night at his home.
    He leaves behind His wife, Two Children, Four Grandchildren and One great grandchild. As well as a Sister.
    Harold was a Master Carpenter who worked all up and down the east coast installing high end cabinets in laboratories for large corporations. He recently retired and still worked on odd carpentry jobs to occupy some of his free time.

His main love in life was hunting, He was a Bird Hunter, Deer Hunter, Rabbit Hunter, and Turkey hunter. He and his family loved all forms of hunting with dogs and owned many dogs most of his adult life. I think a lot of his most enjoyed time was with the members of his hunting groups chasing after dogs and pursuing game, and laughing and joking about it during and after the hunts.
    He was unselfish in trying to bring new hunters success in the sport of hunting. And he enjoyed good enough health his whole life he could stay with the hunt and young guys weather Deer or Rabbit Hunting till stopping time.

He was a Member of the Arcola Gun Club for about 42 years. He was more than just a hunter. He was a presence. I knew and hunted with Mr. Smiley for 29 years. I cannot recall him missing a regular hunting day in all that time. From AM to Dark he was there ready for the next chase be it rabbit or deer. And he was the Hardest Hunter I have ever known.
    The hunting lands of Eastern Warren County will never quite be the same not just for the members of Arcola Club but the clubs that surround us as well.
    He will be missed for years to come.

Visitation: Blalock Funeral Home, Warrenton NC, Sunday night 6 to 8 PM
    Funeral: Blalock Funeral Home Monday 11am...graveside service to follow.

Re: Harold Smiley Sr. of Arcola Gun Club Passes

btt FOR HOLIDAY TRAVELERS