SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: New registry and Hunts

To presume the foxhunting world needs help with hunts and records keeping is like going into the football industry aginst the NFL because you know better than the men who got us were we are,and we are at a place with Master and National hunts and both are doing an outstanding job. You plan on taking well bred foxhounds and pretending some how out of the blue it is a new registry ?Try your luck with all that. Maybe the kids and three hour guys will listen and eat it up .... .P.S. you might want to play with the CRHA boys. They have beat you to the $20 registration. Look them up on the web.They will be glad to register your pup.

Once again we get the negative side? Why? What do you have to lose? Are the thoughts of something better impossible to understand? Are we incapable of improvement? Maybe we are just stuck in the moment without the ability to see something can be better? Really I am not going to ruin your beloved foxhounds or the good old ways of hunting you enjoy. For those that want to move forward and have hopes of some improvements or easier or even just something different. Who knows maybe it will be something that you do like in the future?
    Thanks again

Re: New registry and Huntsi

I personally hope that a third registry will be a lost cause. if the base is started off new dogs it will open up registery for cull no registered dogs. the chase and horn have done wonderful job of keeping accurate records and I would hope the use of them would be prohibit.

Re: New registry and Huntsi

Sorry you feel that way. The fact is to use the full pedigree of the hounds would be over the top. None would be able to list championship titles and so on as they wouldn't be a part of this registry. So far as single registration. The fact is in time most of the lesser hounds will be breed out and some extremely nice grade hounds will be able too join in and receive the recognition that they deserve. Some of these grade dogs are as good as any registered hounds. In a few years maybe we can have most of them registered and know who has the best in areas where registration isn't important now

Soon you may see foxhunting isnt a fractured up territorial based hound sport with a world champion in every region. You may be a young fellow with grand ideas.Your energies could be focused on competing in this small brotherhood of foxhound people.As a whole and in general we follow a few guidelines.We use a set of standards that have evolved with our times,Masters,National rules. Yes we are opinionated, but we who stay connected know who and what blood is leading. You have basically stated your opinions and that is perfectly acceptable. You have also insulted our two registrations,SFSB,IFSB. Know that many of us are multi generational foxhunters and trace stocks of hounds longer and farther than any form of domestic registration. Good luck with your project.

when I breed hounds I try to look back at generations what works with what,the faults in certain bloodlines to stay clear of starting blind with grade dogs breeders would have no idea of good or bad qualitys and I think there would be more inferior hounds that what is there now.i have been guilty of and very large amount of others have also of making cross that should never been made.thats probally half whats been bred.starting from scratch would make it far worse .its all of us as breeder objective is to improve the bloodline.

I do think in 2015 we are behind times. Don't think need a third registry. I think need ONE registry. And hard to believe there is not a Web site with searchable pedigrees