SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: WE LOST A TRUE HOUNDSMAN TODAY

Sorry to hear about Mr. Buchanan he was a good man my thoughts and prayers are with Larry and the family. I'm sure him and L.R. Griles are after a fox right now.

Gonna miss ol deer hunter

Well said Hollywood He was a great man and a Houndsman and hunter you could always count on to be there when it was time to cast the hounds. I ran with he and mr Griles several times and my first thought as well was I bet they have a fox race going now and arguing over which one has the lead dog. My thoughts and prayers are with the entire family as I know many of us will miss him greatly

Prayers and condolences to Larry, and the entire Buchanan family. L.D was a fine man, true hounds man and fierce competitor. You always knew he would get his name called if he was in attendance!

THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS TO LARRY AND ALL THE FAMILY. A VERY NICE GENTLEMAN R.I.P.

Sorry to hear this he was always one of my favorites that picked on me as a kid at Shag Reeses and then huntin in the Hole .He was always one of my favorites.Im sure Larry and his family will miss him very much,sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear this he was always one of my favorites that picked on me as a kid at Shag Reeses and then huntin in the Hole .He was always one of my favorites.Im sure Larry and his family will miss him very much,sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear this. Deer hunter was a great man and would do anything he could to help you.prayers sent out for you LB AND DONNA.well put joel everyone knew he was a force to deal with when he pulled up.

LARRY sorry to here that my prayers go out to the family and friends.I ALWAYS enjoyed talking with him he will be missed.

A great hunter who kept nice hounds. When you saw him you knew he was there to be dealt with. More importantly not just a great hunter but an even better man. A great role model for us all.

Condolences to Larry his Sisters and Mom.

Mike Loyd

Deer Hunter will be missed, my condolences go out to Larry and Family. RIP.

So saddened to hear of L.D.'s Passing.

He was one of my favorite people to see and to judge with at Creedmoor over the past several years. In fact, even though there aren't any named roads in the pen, everyone knew where "L.D.'s Rock" was and it will always be a reminder of him to us.

Condolences to Larry and the family. May he rest in peace.

Our Hearts go out to Larry and family.
    L.D. was a houndsman, friend and gentleman.
    He will be missed.
    I will never forget and have used his words many times since .It was at least 15 years ago.
    I had left a hound at Tar River after a 3 day and had to drive back and get him, I saw L.D. shortly afterwards and we were carrying on telling stories so I tell him about this particular hound and how mad I was that he wouldn't quit and this and that. He laughed and said " yeah them dogs will make you as mad as can be..but we raise Cain when they quit and we raise Cain when they don't so which one would you rather feed"!
    I never forgot that statement nor will he ever be forgotten.
    Rest in Peace my friend

Scott Griles

deepest sympathy for his family.

I can honestly say he was a good friend of mine. I have had the privilege to have known L. D. for many years. Worked with him at Burlington Ind where every chance we got we spent it talking about dogs and or hunting. I have ran with him as well as against him and enjoyed every minute of it. We have judged many hunts together and as Bill said, every time I enter Tar River Pen and go past that dang rock I will think of him. All I can say is BUDDY ROE you will be and are already being truly missed.

Larry I didn't know any of your family except u and your dad but mr L D was a huge idol to me always had a lifting word to say he brought life even when u were down he was an great friend and always wanted to know how everyone else was never complaining about anything a true great friend and will be missed but always remembered L D's rock is an idol and so is he RIP heaven gained a good one

L.D. (Deerhunter) you will be truly missed by all of us in the hunting club and the foxhunting community. As Hollywood and Drew said we could always count on you to be there in the morning to go hunting.

I'm sure everyone can remember the first dogs they got, and the guys that helped and gave advice to them along the way. For me that was you, Larry and Stevie.

We will miss you, and prayers go out to the entire Buchanan family.

SO SORRY TO HEAR THIS, family will be in our prayers.

SO SORRY TO HEAR THIS, family will be in our prayers.

Very saddened to have lost another of one of the men that was truly an icon in the foxhunting community. L.D. was a great man that always had some good hounds in the box when he showed up for a field trial. Gonna miss carrying on with him! I am sure Mr. Griles is waiting on the tailgate for him! Prayers to the Buchanan family.