SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    All American Update and a Bit of History

Time is rolling along! One week from today I will be heading to Manning to get ready for the All American.

As I type this we have 39 judges confirmed with the possibility that a couple may have to miss it. At any rate, I believe that the scoreboard will look like a phone book.

If there are any questions or concerns, please feel free to call me at 336-407-5174.

The last time the All American was in Manning was in 2006 when 977 hounds were cast making it the 2nd largest field trial entry of all time.

That year, Lonnie Ward was President and Clyde Sutton was MOH.

In 2006, Norman Howard's Maggie won the hunt. She was the greatest field trial hound that I have ever seen to this day.

The results from that year were;

1) EC ch Howard's Maggie ( Dono's Frog ex Russell's Snow Baby) Norman Howard, Georgetown, S.C.

2) Howard's Albert ( Dono's Frog ex Howard's Little Ann) Norman Howard

3) Chucki's Magic Man (Sleepy Eye Magic ex Tyler's Margarette) Chucki Poston, Pamplico, S.C.

4) D&M's Heartache (D&M's Gray Boy ex Lambert's Shelly) Dale, Dylan & Marty Morris, Andrews, S.C.

5) Eadie's Shane (Hill's Golden Guy ex Eadie's Haley Bopp) Choo Choo Knls., Sandridge, S.C.

6) Daniel's Robin (Dono's Batman ex Gayman's Crybaby) Daniels Knls., Lake City, S.C.

7) Thomas' Gator (Dono's Batman ex Hill City Jane) Kalib Thomas, Lambertown, S.C.

8) ch. Hoehner's Slinger ( Hoehner's Slide ex Wells' Breeze) John Hoehner, Dongola, Ill

9) Ambler Ridge Hustler (W&W Black Snake ex Shiell's Sugar) Eric Brazelle, Guyton, Ga.

10) Triple Bridge Tank (Wade's Rip ex Country Boy Scarlet) Bennett & Loyd, Creedmoor, N.C.

COMB. Hoehner's Slinger

As time passes, I will add bits of historical info between now and next Thursday.

Re: All American Update and a Bit of History

That was a great All American. It was always an honor to compete against Mr. Norman Howard and those great hounds that he had Maggie and Albert. Not sure how many times if ever the same kennel took the top 2 spots at the All American. If memory serves me correct the Daniel's Robin dog was 1st speed and drive all 4 days with Hoener's Slinger pushing him hard especially the last day. I know 2 out of the top ten back in 2006 will be there again this year to represent, Daniel's Brothers Kennels and Chuckie Poston. 2 out of the top ten back in 2006 are no longer in the hounds, so they want be there this year. I fill like this years All American will rank right up the with the very best. It will be a tough hunt with a hound that has a lot of heart and endurance prevailing. Good luck to all and enjoy the Greatest and most prestige hunt of our wonderful sport. Remember to appreciate those that help make this hunt possible, including you.

Bill - Good Post

Hear is some trivia - Bill you wait to answer you should know.....

Bill told us about the 2nd largest hunt, what was the largest hunt and the number of hounds??

Be good

Lenny

2004 all american
    manning sc
    1031 hounds