SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Anti- Dog Hunting Legislation defeated in VA General Assembly today

CONGRATS TO ALL DOG HUNTERS IN VA.THAT IS A HUGE VICTORY FOR ALL DOG HUNTERS.

This is great news.

CONGRATULATIONS......to each and every hound hunter within the Commonwealth for your efforts and work toward defeating HB2345 & HB2343! It should be satisfying to each of you to see the unified efforts of various groups and individuals, all coming together, for a common cause!
    Please accept a personal "THANK YOU" to everyone!

Yesterday was a good day for the hound hunting community, though we defeated the opposition yesterday; do not believe for a moment that this issue will resurface. Your opponents will be better organized, and have better financing (they have BIG money behind them), and will make a concentrated effort through various avenues to continue to push their agenda to end hound hunting, under the ruse of landowner rights!

Today is the day to take the next step toward preserving our hound(dog) hunting rights! If you parti****te in any type of dog hunting activity, know they are after us! Starting today and each day forward, be ever mindful that you as an individual represent all of us with your speech, actions, and activities!

Landowners large and small, deserve respect for their ownership of a property, and each of us as should be mindful of that! Likewise, we as hound hunters should be respected as well, and both sides should put forward efforts to show mutual respect.

The Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance has a published "HUNTING DOG OWNERS CODE OF ETHICS", get a copy. But I would like to quote an excerpt from it:

While Virginia's "Right to Retrieve Law" gives me legal standing to retrieve my dogs from any property, I WILL practice the "Right of Respect" toward landowners with whom I come into contact and their property. I WILL admonish fellow hunters to do the same!

This is an important statement, be mindful, and whenever possible, make the attempt to contact the landowner, and then promptly retrieve your dog and leave!

We are ALL stewards of the land and the wildlife of the Commonwealth of Virginia, and want to preserve it for our future, the future of our children, and grand children!

The Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance is just that, an "ALLIANCE" of dog hunters! To be effective, and to push for our ability to hunt with dogs, it will take financial resources, and I would suggest that any financial support from individuals, clubs, organizations, or businesses would be readily welcomed, and needed!!

Allan Bishop
    (Jabber Jaw)

Thanks to all that helped defeat these bills , we as houndsmen must not sit back and relax to much . They have all year to regroup while we enjoy the sounds of hounds. So lets keep each other informed to the best of our knowledge . You guys down in N. C . Better keep in touch with your legislation also! Keep up the good works guys!

Thank you all for the positive comments and support for the Virginia Hunting Dog Alliance. VaHDA is a 365 day a year organization. We meet regularly and are always working to enhance and preserve hunting with hounds; the sport we love. We are constantly gathering and evaluating information regarding the groups that seek to attack our sport. Currently we are concentrating on forming new chapters around the state and initiating fund raising activates. Every Virginia dog hunter should be a member of VaHDA.

Please give me a call

804 339 1079