SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: ATTN: ALL SOUTH CAROLINA DOG HUNTERS

BTTT

I have a meeting with Sen. John Scott and Sen Johnson on Tuesday. This was set up by Sen. Scott who I have worked closely with on many other matters. I will post the outcome of this meeting. In the mean time I would encourage all to relay your feelings about this bill to your local legislators. Be sure you use well thought out statements.

How did the meeting go?

Our meeting went very well. I was assured by Senator Johnson that Bill 0298 would not be pushed and would not be passed into law in the 2015 session.
    We discussed a lot of issues in our state regarding hunting.I would really like to thank Senator Johnson and Senator John Scott for their time in seeing us today.

I am going to ask that all who enjoy hunting with hounds touch base with your local senators and house reps. A simple email is all it takes. If you are on here reading this then you can send an appropriate email. Let them know we are out there. These senators were amazed to hear how many dog hunting family oriented clubs are out there. Especially you guys in Clarendon county. Get busy. Let them hear how much good is going on.

Now as for what I heard about in this mans district, I understand completely why these people were mad. However, this was not the way to handle it. We have laws in place to handle these types and hopefully law enforcement will do their jobs and then maybe we all wont fall under this stereotypical blanket.

Rest assured if we lay back and do not show our strength in numbers then it will be our days that are numbered.

Everyone from Oconee county to Berkeley county, I'm calling for your help. Our legislature is in session right now. Let them know by emails, phone calls or written letters that the TRADITION of ethical dog driving is something that our state should be proud of and they should encourage all of their constituents to embrace it and all forms of hunting. Also let them know that we all are against illegal hunting practices and especially against the harming of any hunting animal. This is something that we are moving forward with also to protect our hunting hounds.

Thanks and happy hunting to all.

BTT