SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Garmin Alpha

Have two Garmin Alphas with 7 collars. Last week, after marking stand locations, lost base information on screen. No roads, swamps or any contours shown on screen. Just shows dogs, dog tracks, saved waypoints, and tracks where unit has been when turned on. Do not have birdseye on either one. Second question is other unit keeps showing alarm for dog treed when other unit does not. How to take dog on tree switch off? Third question is when turning collars on in morning, giving few minutes to reach GPS, I then turn on both hand held units.( We some time track with both units and different locations ) Sometimes I unit picks up all the collars but the other does not. Look on dog collar information, both show same Track and Train codes. Are both units not receiving because they are close ? Thank you for any Help

Re: Garmin Alpha

On the handheld not showing Birdseye or the mapping. Make sure the sd card is locked in under the battery. Had mine come loose and had a similar problem. Also go to the dog setup page and you can adjust dog alerts to turn off the tree alert.

Thanks for information on dog step page, fixed dog on point ( treed alarm). Looking at sd card, seems to be in place on unit not working and other unit( working )looks the same. This problem of no base information on screen still there. Also if try to mark a point on the ( unit not working ) it knows the correct information ( streets, swamps etc ) just not shown base information on map.

When on the map screen, push menu, then go down and push where it says declutter and see if it comes back.

Yep, Todd that work, Thank You