SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: A Gutless Still Hunter/Land Owner Kills My Hound

I'm a dog hunter from s c one of the best hounds and by far the fastest I ever put a collar on was shot by a 17 year old spoiled rotten punk from Columbia . He was given a 100 fine for shooting a deer dog. I went to court for restitution and received nothing because he said he felt threatend . He claims he had a high powered flash light and my dog came out the bushes at him . Somehow he couldn't see the purple garmin collar flashing and lime green collar around her neck. The people in the courts have no idea what us as hounds men do for our hounds ( hundreds spent) my advice to you is make sure you have receipts for everything . Do not leave anything out ( feed , shots , how much you paid for the dog , etc. good luck I hope your outcome is better than mine. If I can help in any way call 843-563-1394

This may affect anyone who is running dogs close to where Warren, Halifax, Nash and Franklin counties connect. Fork, Redman, Rednecks, B&E, White Level, Silver Lake, Buck Run and Billy Jones' Hunting clubs may want to pay close attention to this if your hounds get into this block. I'm sure this is not the first time that this has happened but the first time that the hound has been found dead with indications of who may have done it. We need to make sure we put some pressure on this land owner and make sure it does not happen again. This is area very close to quite a few of the deer field trials that are being scheduled in and around the Centerville and Hollister areas.

Hey Bro,
    I too have been a victim in the past of a dog shooting and will tell you that for us to be successful at combating this type of behavior we need to take the high road. I know you want to take matters in your own hands, but get all the evidence you possibly can and let the authorities do it right. We have to get some laws on our side and we never will if we take matters into our own hands. It will not always work out, but try first. My case was witnessed, I saw the guy with the smoking gun, found the dog and the removed tracking collar on his land, had the vet subpenoed as an expert witness, pictures, and all, but the shooter's son ended up being a lawyer from Nash Co. so I hope you don't get him (Franklin Wilson). Anyway, Joe and Henry McClees from the NC Sporting Dog Association would be a great asset and if you are not a member join now. We also need to get politicians and local laws passed in our favor, such as they are in Alamance County making this behavior punishable by law. Don't look for a lot of help from the Wildlife folks cause they try to hide from taking sides between still hunters and dog hunters. Anyway, after the trial and mediation, my guy got off without being convicted! Well then if things don't work out for you then you can go the other route?!?!! Just saying!! Good luck and understand I am an avid dog hunter and believe in promoting the sport and continuing to give it a good name!!! My son is the best houndsman and I want him to be able to teach his kids the same heritage that I have.

Very sorry to hear this has happened again.I am a member of Fellowship but more for small game hunting with dogs.But I do run deer hounds with Sandy Creek Hun ting Club in Franklin County.I have long thought that all sporting hound owners need to unite and have some type of large meeting at a club or facility that could handle a large group.At this meeting we need to have the McClees present so more people can join the Sporting Dog Assoc.Any ideas are welcome.I would do all I could do to help make this happen.These people that shoot dogs don't have a clue at the real value of these hounds.I drove to western Kentucky recently just to pick out a pup in a litter so i could have first pick just to turn around 3 weeks later drive back to and pay hundreds of dollars for the pup.If someone from fellowship could give me a call so I will know to avoid this area with my squirrel dogs 252-813-6268.

Sorry to here that double d hope justice is done

What block are you all talking about? Is it mayfarm still hunting club or somebody else?

Its the same block but a different piece of land in that block.

The culprit has been identified and charged! Court date is January 20th in Louisburg NC. Thats all I can say at this time. Thank you so much for your support and may God bless all of you!!!!!!!

I hope he gets what he deserves.

3 weeks ago we had a collar taken off a dog in this same area. We got the collar back but have not seen or heard anything from the dog! If you see a white dog with 116 on him please call me. Hope he did not fall victim to this senseless crime.

Thanks
    Hurley
    252-813-8087