SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    New National Fox Hunters Association Rule for Broke Hound Hunts

Here is exactly what was sent into the Nationals for consideration and passed to become a new rule in the National Fox Hunters Association Rule Book:

March 23, 2014

Dear National Fox Hunters Association,

There are presently some groups of fox hunters who would like to hold championship three day field trials for broke hounds and eliminate/scratch hounds guilty of running deer. The below addition to the National Fox Hunters Association Running Rules would give them this option and also attract some new Affiliated Associations for the Nationals.

Under FIELD TRIAL RULES and REGULATIONS; ARTICLE VIII – JUDGING IN THE FIELD; add the following after the end of (p) paragraph on page 27;

(q) An Affiliated Association can choose and advertise to scratch hounds for running deer and have a “Broke Dog Hunt”.

Please consider this proposed rule change at the 2014 meeting of the National Fox Hunters Association Membership meeting.

Sincerely,
    Jeff Brinchek
    2072 Beulahtown Road
    Kenly, NC 27542

Re: New National Fox Hunters Association Rule for Broke Hound Hunts

Jeff,
    i cant begin to thank you enough for simplifying this and getting it passed....and thank you to everyone that voted for it !

we have had some very sucessful hunts this year,but i do feel like the Outside Foxhunters Association will be joining and somewhere in the future crowning a champion.

THANK YOU TO THE NATIONAL FOXHUNTERS ASSOCIATION AND ALL THAT HAD A PART IN GETTING THIS PASSED !

i think we have our 1 day and 2 day hunts down pat,but we'll have to move into a 3 day with caution,growing pains and expences have to be concidered to have a sucessful hunt.

Re: New National Fox Hunters Association Rule for Broke Hound Hunts

Great job!