SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: another Garmin alpha question

Donnie. It will come with the roads and road names already on it. U will have to zoom in to .2 miles I think to see road names. If u want the timber changes you will have to download Birdseye for your hunting area. I would suggest u do because the Birdseye will show some dead ends and spurs that the topo map doesn't.

what happens after the one year subscription is up??

Dumb me I guess. I called Garmin today and had to purchase Birdseye for my new Alpha. I told her I previously had it for my 320 and that it had ran out. When I went to my Base Camp app on computer it still showed all my previously loaded hunting areas but not on my Alpha. I purchased my Alpha in June or July and was told I probly would not need Birdseye as it was already a version in it, but I found it din't show all the streams and back wood trails like my Base Camp version did. The Garmin rep failed to tell me as well that I had a free years subscription. How do you get to the free app?

U can download all u want for that 1 year. After the year is up if you want to download more u will have to purchase another subscription. What u download will stay on your device. U don't have to download it but one time. So otherwise download all u think u will need then you want have to renew the subscription.

Brent can't you up size your sd card and load more on it?