SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Days gone by

You are not alone. Been checking all day to see some results.

computer has spoiled everyone rememeber when you had to wait for the chase or a phone call to find out results has nothing todo with foxhunting being over

Ronnie Paul with these cool mornings, I was actually thinking about the same thing.
    I miss the days down in Laurinburg too! Heck I had always looked forward to a vacation with hounds and friends, this time of the year.

I did hear that they finally got the National rule passed last night for scratching hounds for running deer.

Just got done reading the Hunters Horn magazine, "Rumor Has It, My Destiny". Tell your sister she got to stop writing those DEEP articles, got the whole family tore up, lol...

Take care and something tells me that there are better days ahead for the outside foxhunter......

Roscoe Dawson

I did hear that they finally got the National rule passed last night for scratching hounds for running deer.

quote]

about dang time!

Everybody is enjoying themselves at the big week here. Lots good folks and coyote races and the judges working hard. .And the guys voted for the broke dog guys so all is well at the lake.Wish more hunters could have been here .

I will have to agree. A 3 hour sprint race gets more posts these days. I just got home from my 8 day vacation in Grenada. Mike smith handled the futurity like the Hills used to in the early 90s. Winning it again and placing 2 more. Robby morse and Ronnie McMillan were 2nd and 4th. The Hills placed 2. As for the National........... I was second to one of the most deserving men I know. Mr. Mickey Kennedy. His hound scored good all 3 days. 1st trailing,8th s&d, 4th end. Ronnie McMillan won the s&d. Seymour n Henson were 2nd and 5th. Fifth was the gyp we placed 3rd in the futurity last year. Her litter mate was 7th s&d 7th end. Alex hall won the hunting with 85 points I think and was 3rd HGA. The deitweillers from Ohio (spelling?) were 4th and 6th. The Hills placed1 along with bull mtn and buck n bull knls.
    The running was jam up for the national. The futurity had a slow start do to the hot dry weather, but Tuesday night we got a lil rain and cold temps moved in. I enjoyed seeing everyone and spending the week with many great hunters from all over the country. The entry fee will be dropped back down to $40 next year so I hope to see many many of you folks that haven't been in awhile back next year. If you haven't ever been to Grenada or a outside hunt period I encourage you to come try it out. It's a great place. I know Mr Bill will have a more accurate and detailed write up. Just wanted to give a quick run down for those who are interested