SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Past USO President & Fox Hunting Friend has passed - Larry Turner

Larry was the President of the 2000 USO Field Trial and was a pleasure to be around. He would always greet you with a smile and have you laughing in a few minutes. I will never forget in 1996 at the Nationals in Grenanda, we had a hound drown in the lake and I had walked down to the beach from a huge cliff at the end of the Robin Hood road to beep her right from the waters edge. While doing this I was startled to find a hound dead at the bottom of the probablly 75 foot tall cliff. The hound belonged to Larry so I removed his collars and brought them back up with me from the beach. I am pretty sure the hound had fallen off the cliff and broken is neck or something and died. I called Larry on the CB and he came down the Robin Hood road to meet me. He was all excited because he was getting a strong beep and he was smiling because he thought I had his hound. I broke the news to him and gave him the collars and he smiled and said, "I sure hope he was first in the crossing when he ran off that cliff!!!!!!". I told him he probablly was as we laughed and made the best of a sad situation.

Larry's funeral information is below for those of you who knew him.

Thanks for letting me share my story - Jeff Brinchek

Obituary for Larry TurnerMyrtle Beach

Larry Gene Turner, age 62, passed away Friday, October 10, 2014 at his residence.

Larry was born in Conway, SC, a son of the late Henry L. and Elma Allen Turner.

For many years Larry owned and operated several hotels in the Myrtle Beach area. Larry served in the National Guard and was a graduate of the University of South Carolina where he is a lifetime member of the Alumni Association and the Game**** Club. He was of the Baptist faith and was a member of Berea Baptist Church in Galivants Ferry, SC. Larry enjoyed fox hunting with Elton Johnson and many other friends. He was a member and former president of the National Fox Hunter's Association. His fox hounds received many awards and he won several competitions throughout the years. Larry loved spending time with his children and grandchildren.

Larry is survived by his two daughters; Jennifer H. Turner and Jon Warga of Myrtle Beach, Heather Turner Van Deusen and her husband, Peter, of Conway; his significant other, Brenda Morris of Myrtle Beach; his former wife, Helen Owens Turner of Conway; his two step-daughters, Missy Wilson and her husband, Steve, of Ridgely, WV, Angie McCarty of Myrtle Beach; his nine grandchildren, Brittany Wilson, Ashley Corley, Victoria Van Deusen, Cheyenne Wilson, Kaitlyn McCarty, Abigail Van Deusen, Gavin Turner-Warga, Olivia Turner-Warga, and Bryson Van Deusen; one great grandson, Carson Pierce; his brother, Wayne Turner and his wife, Paula, of Florence, SC; his nephews, David and Michael Turner; and his niece, Laura Emmert.

A funeral service will be held at 2:00 PM Tuesday, October 14, 2014 at Berea Baptist Church with Rev. Johnny Jenerette and Rev. Jamey Collins officiating.

Burial will follow in the church cemetery.

The family will receive friends from 5:00-7:00 PM Monday at Goldfinch Funeral Home, Conway Chapel.

Sign a guestbook at www.goldfinchfuneralhome.com

Goldfinch Funeral Home, Conway Chapel is serving the family.