SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    Sa***uard dosages

I was looking at my book this morning and saw these dosages for using Sa***uard 10% (goat wormer)

Got this from a vet, probably 15 years ago.

For every 1 ml(cc) there is 100mg (milligrams) of active ingredient. A dog's dosage rate is 22.7mg per pound.

(22.7mg * 50 lb.hound)/ 100mg(active ingredient) = 11.35ml for a 50 lb. hound

You could use this factor = 0.227

Just times the factor by the weight of hound and that will give you how many ml or cc of medicine per day. 3 days in a row.

Example:

.227 factor * 10 lb. pup = 2.27ml per day

Liquid, 3 days in a row for pups and adult hounds.

The Paste for of Sa***uard. I wrote 1cc per 10-20 lbs. for adult hounds. I give mine one click using the big tube and the applicator gun that they sell seperate. I have tried to measure one click and 5ml is what i come up with.
    I used the 1cc per 20 lbs. before the applicator gun, so I was giving them 2.5cc for a 50 lb. hound. So, using the applicator gun, I am now giving the dosage at the 10 lb. rate. The only reason i do the 10 rate now is that it is so easy worming with the applicator gun, no measuring needed. Note: The pup dosage is 1cc per 10 lbs.

I was told with paste, do it 5 days in a row rather than 3.

If you give the right dosage and for the right amount of days, Sa***uard is all you need.

Be Good!

Re: Sa***uard dosages

so for a 40lb dog I gotta give 9.08 cc a day for three days that's 27.24 cc total in three days **** x 20 dogs 544.8 cc ,,, wow

Your numbers are correct. You hear people saying they wormed their hound with 3cc, just one day. They have wasted their worm medicine. Especially pups, giving the right amount to a pup is critical to get big, healthy pups.

I found that I was not giving enough. My problem was estimating the weight. Now I weight all my dogs to worm them especially the pups. When I wormed with Panacur from the vet, the vet told me to add 5 lbs. to the weight of the dog and dose at that rate. Being Panacur and the goat wormer are the same that's what I do.