SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: SICK dog help

Try a can of mackerel, or fish type cat food. If the hound just licks at it, or turns away,likely kidney disease. They stop eating first, then will stop drinking,due to uric acid throughout their system.

Unfortunately,if that's the cases,take to Vet for blood test, or euthanize.
    Seldom a hound will survive, and if it does, you won't be able to run em anymore,as it will cause death.

Hope I'm wrong.

Other possibilities are intestinal infection,or liver problems.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Allan Bishop
    (JabberJaw)

Tawney your hound probably got a small bone stuck in his small intestine. Try giving him bread or flour paste if you can get it in him. Otherwise you or your vet gonna have to make him throw up with the use of a home remedy or meds.

He is throwing up but it's clear liquid and now more and more blood no tar light stools really don't show the signs of kidneys I found a small place that looks like a snake or spider bit him it's already busted but still real infected looking hair falls out easy in that area about as big as a 50 cent piece I've gave him antibiotics got my fingers crossed and Roscoe if this infected area isn't the problem I'm leaning heavy to chicken bones

Sound like Parvo. Just seen an article regarding a new strain of parvo especially problematic in older dogs.