SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Garmin help

No, You'll absolutely be able to track T5 and TT15's with either 3.8 or 4.1 even 4.0 but with 4.0 your going to have your handheld shut off a couple more times which might get annoying.

Here is the page to show the latest updates, You'll notice 4.0 is not available anymore. today it shows 3.8 and soon I expect it to be 4.1 in the next day or two.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=5793

4.1 will either be the corrected 4.0 software if Garmin can get the issue corrected fast enough for the release tomorrow, Right now If you notice on the Garmin web updater it shows 3.8 is the latest software available.

The issue is that since you have that 4.0 when you try to update it says your already updated and won't revert back to 3.8.

The issue with 3.8 was simply that when you updated it cleared all the memory on the unit and you would need to add all your dogs back into the system. Not a huge issue but annoying. with 4.0 Garmin was supposed to be the software that allowed you to update your unit to track the t5 and the tt15 without needing to re-enter all your dogs in the dog list and re-pair all the collars. But with software sometimes you go into fix one issue and that triggers something unexpected.

No worries, it's just a day or two that your in limbo, and by tomorrow or Thursday you should be able to update and will be up running without the shut downs. If you can call me tomorrow there is a file on your Garmin that I would like you download and email me that will help get this issue resolved quickly, I can also help you manually force back to 3.8 if you can setup a computer session with me where I can help log into your computer while connected to the Alpha.

855-384-8687 Tomorrow after 7:30 PST.

Clear as Mud??? :)

Email me at mail@dusupply.com

Buddy

Thanks Buddy.

4.1 Update is out...

4.1 is basically the same as 3.8, It's so that those guys that have the 4.0 can fix their units, if you don't have 4.0 there is no reason to update to 4.1. wait until next week and you'll want the 4.2 which hopefully won't require you to re-enter all your dogs if updating from an older software.

Shane..

Can you give me call me I would like to get a file off your system that will help Garmin with the problem. It's really easy but it can help Garmin figure out what was causing it to shut down.

855-384-8687

Buddy