SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: TODAY A TRUE HOUNDSMAN WAS LOST!!

ALAN,
    ALL OF YOUR COMMENTS ARE SO TRUE. I RARELY HAVE TIME TO COME ON HERE BUT I DID TONIGHT TO SEE WHAT WAS BEING SAID ABOUT GEORGIA B. I MET GB WHEN I WAS ABOUT 11 or 12. I KNEW GB FOR ABOUT 30 YEARS. HE HAD THE BADDEST PACK OF DEER HOUNDS TO TOUCH THE GROUND FOR YEARS. IF ANYONE KNEW HIM THEY WOULD KNOW OF " TRAILBOSS ". WE HUNTED AT CARSON HUNT CLUB TOGETHER FOR 10 TO 12 YEARS AND EVERY YEAR THEY WOULD GIVE THE BEST PACK TROPHY AWAY AND HE WAS THE MAN THAT EVERYONE WAS OUT TO BEAT BUT VERY SELDOMLY DID. SOMETIMES I THINK GB KNEW MORE ABOUT A DOG THAN THE DOG KNEW ABOUT THEIRSELVES. HE COULD DEFINITELY TELL YOU MORE ABOUT A DOG THAN YOU KNEW ABOUT YOUR OWN BUT WOULDN'T NEVER GIVE YOU THAT INFO UNLESS YOU WOULD ASK. HE DIDNT TALK ALOT BUT LISTENED A BUNCH. MAYBE THIS IS WHY HE WAS SO INTELLIGENT WHEN IT CAME TO THE THINGS HE LOVED THE MOST.....
    GB HAD SOME AWESOME SAYINGS... ONE THAT STICKS IN MY HEAD IS WHEN WE WERE DEER HUNTING AND THEY WERE RUNNING HIM LIKE SUPPOSED TO HE WOULD SAY " THEY GONNA SET THE TABLE ON EM". ...OR IF YOU KILLED A DEER " YOU TRIPPED HIM"...
    HE WAS A MAN OF HIS WORD....HONEST....AND LOYAL TO THE PEOPLE THAT CONSIDERED HIM A FRIEND....HE DIDNT TALK BEHIND BACKS, LIE, CHEAT, OR PORTRAY TO BE SOMETHING HE WASN'T.... QUALITIES OF A REAL MAN.
    HE GAVE ME MY FIRST HOUND NAME "NUB"... TO BREED TO A GYP I HAD FOUND ON WOODPECKER ROAD PROBABLY 26 YEARS AGO AND NEVER ASKED FOR ANYTHING IN RETURN.
    THERE ARE SPECIAL PLACES FOR MEN LIKE GB AND IIM SURE HE IS THERE, SITTING ON THE TAILGATE OF A OLD FORD TRUCK, LISTENING TO A DOG RUN SAYING " GIVE HIM A MINUTE, HE GET IT SCRAIGHT"
    SEE YA GEORGIA B,,,,,,!!!!!!!
    MAYBE WE ALL NEED TO BE A LITTLE MORE LIKE YOU....

Jesse, you could not have said it any better. You guys who never had the pleasure of meeting such a houndsman have missed out on one of the greatest to ever live. I remember the day I took the best deer hound I ever will and probably ever own (Princess) and bred to Scooter. Tootie and I talked for some time that day, he told me a little bit of something about every hound he was hunting at the time. He knew more about 40 hounds than most men knew about their own children. He was a natural born true houndsman. They'll never be another like Tootie. RIP my friend and thank you for the knowledge and time you've given me.

RIP Mr. Pride I never got to meet you but like Allan stated I had heard much about you over the years and all was good!! My prayers go out to your family and friends

GB was the kind of man everyone looked up to. I am thankfull to be able to have called him a friend and a fellow houndsman I looked up to and looked forward to running with, cause if you ever had a question about a hound or beagle, all you had to do was ask and he would give you the truth. Just 2 weeks ago at Pools after I placed for the first time in a hound hunt, he was the first man to come over and congratulate me and said "see I told you that was a good dog and he would do well for ya". Tootie you will be missed greatly not just for your knowledge of the hounds, but as a TRUE friend and mentor!!! I promise I will see you again my firend.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Pride family at this time. I will surely miss you Tootie as all of the comments posted before me describe you to a "T". It will not be the same without Tootie at Emerson's or Poole's, but like many others have said, I can only hope his legacy will live on is us for many many years too come.

RIP Tootie, I can only hope to be half the man you were too us.

Tootie, was a good friend and excellent dog man. He knew a hound and always kept a good one. Rest in peace bubby.