SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Pro Plan Sport 30 20 sport VS. Diamond Naturals Extreme Athlete

Diamond Naturals Extreme Athlete is my feed of choice for dogs that I'm hunting hard or conditioning for bench shows. I fed Purina Pro-Plan for quite some time when I first started with coonhounds, but ended up having several dogs have skin and coat issues, and a handful of females that had false pregnancies after their heat cycles who had never had that problem before. I'm pleased with the condition my dogs stay in on Diamond EA. They also seem to run cooler in hot weather on it than some feeds with a higher corn content. Of course that's a whole other debate in and of itself, but I do know that even though I've tried some other popular feeds I always end up going back to Diamond EA for the dogs I'm keeping actively ready to compete. It's pricier than some feeds (although cheaper than Pro Plan!), but even my hardest keepers don't need a huge amount to keep their weight. My second choice is Tractor Supply 4Health Performance. Very similar ingredients to Diamond EA, just a little less protein/fat.

diamond extreme athlete- is top of the line running dogs 2 to 3 times a wk and they look great and im feeding less food than i was before-i also agree about the 4health-it is good food as well but-when it comes to running them like we are-we have found nothing that compares to the diamond extreme athlete-- TOP NOTCH FEED----2 thumbs up!!!!

Joe. I have fed both I think the pro plan is better. Pro plan is also good to raise puppies

Mike I am raising a litter right now with the pro plan and they are the nicest looking pups I have ever raised I won't raise another litter with any other feed.