SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    SA***AURD WORMER

i saw this weekend at tractor supply the usual sa***aurd horse wormer but also a bottle of sa***uard goat wormer. does anybody know if the goat wormer can be used on dogs with the same dosage as goats or does it need to be adjusted for a dog

Re: SA***AURD WORMER

It needs to be adjusted for dogs. The goat wormer and the cattle wormer are the same strength. For dogs you need to give 1cc per 5lbs 3 days in a row.

The most accurate conversion I can come up with is 1cc for every 4.4 pounds. But just for ease of math using 1cc per 5 pounds should be good enough. Sa***uard/Panacur is about the best all purpose wormer out there but it is expensive compared to pyrantel pamoate or ivermectin.

I've used the safe guard goat wormer for yrs now and it does great but to make things easier for a little more of the cost use Drontol it saves time just one pill every 3 months

Where do you buy the drontil from?

Tim Cherry

Wilkins outdoor supply carries it, you can find it in generic online as well.