SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Sick hound! Please read.

Ryan,
    Please call Randy McGovern at 912-632-7603 or 912-389-5300.

I would like to clear my name if it gets brought up the best hound I own is at the vet not doing well, however I did make a post saying I have talked to several hunters that have lost hounds with the same symptoms as mine. Am I blaming show time feed? Absolutely not!!Ive fed it for several years and believe it to be the best ive ever fed. The only common denominator between myself and fellow hound owners at this point in time was we feed the same feed. I hunt a lot on the outside and my vet told me my dog had a severe case of toxicity, this could be a million things we don't know. I simply posted that to see if anyone has ever had the same symptoms with their hounds because ive sure never seen it before to this extent. I love the feed and will continue to feed it until proven otherwise, however I plan on sending in a sample of feed just to rule that out. I have spent a lot of money that I really didn't have in order to fix him and I just want the peace of mind in know what happened. I have spoken to Randy and he is willing to go out of his way to help me in any way regarding the feed. Do I honestly think its the feed? Heck no its too many variables out there to up and blame dog feed I simply asked that question to try and see what was the most common relationships in these hounds. To Randy and Show Time dog feed I apologize if folks took this the wrong way but I am about facts and until I see something saying there were toxins in this batch of feed I will never feed anything else. I would like to give you my apologies once again, you guys make a great product and I put it to the test 2-3 times a week.. Thanks Ryan

Hey Ryno I'm in va . I lost one this week with the exact same symptoms . My vet seem to think some kind of poison. I also feed show time 27/20. I have another one sick don't look like she gonna make it. Just seems odd to me !!!!!!! And like you I'm not saying show time killed my hound .... Just looking for answers and it doesn't look good

Hey guys could it be a chemical that is sprayed on tobacco or cotton? Rhino you said that you run your hounds on the outside, I'm sure it possible that they have been in a cotton field that had just been sprayed. It's just a thought of where it may be coming from.

Tim Cherry

It could be a million things. We are trying to rule out as much as possible and hopefully come up with a diagnoses. Yes, they have been in cotton fields I have thought about many scenarios and in 6 years of working for a vet and messing with the dogs I have never seen anything to this extent. Hopefully we can diagnose it soon. Thanks

VERY SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE PROBLEM.THE FACT THAT THE BLOOD WILL NOT CLOT SUGGESTS RAT POISON,WHICH I AM SURE HAS ALREADY BEEN CONSIDERED.HOPEFULLY SOMEONE CAN GET A DOG TO A BIG VET SCHOOL WHERE THEY MIGHT BE BETTER SET UP TO IDENTIFY THE CAUSE.AT ANY RATE GOOD LUCK AND LET US KNOW WHAT YOU FIND OUT.

I don't know if this would be any help in identifying the toxin, but I had a dog that the vet suspected got into some poison. She did a CBC/major blood panel. There were some high values, so she called the ASPCA Poison Control Center and gave them the results. They were able to rule out definitively over the phone that it wasn't poison. If it had been some kind of poison, they would've been able to determine what it was based on the blood values.

I can't remember how long it took for the vet to do the blood panel. Maybe half an hour? And she was on the phone with Poison Control for about that long. I do remember how much it cost, though: $94 for the bloodwork, $65 for the consult with Poison Control.

I'm sorry about your hounds. Hope everything works out okay.