SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Alpha Question?

I'll change the codes by hitting yes, when it ask if you want to change the code. I will only do this either with the collar in my hand or dog in my truck though. I have lost two dogs completely for the rest of the day when I lost communications while the Alpha was changing the codes. Most of the time the interference is not to the point where I could not keep track of my hounds. I have only had this happen once and the numbers were the same, as soon as I loaded my hound I deleted the collar out of my box and the other collar popped right up. I paired the collar back to the box when we caught had the other dog and collar in the truck.

If you pair the collars to the box with other collars on I'm pretty sure it assigns an ID that don't have interference. If it has interference just have the box change the ID.

One thing that we found out is the other collars used with the 220 and 320 will cause interference with the Alpha and like wise. With more people getting the Alphas I'm sure it's going to be interesting. There are suppose to be a couple setting were the Alpha and the other boxes don't interfere with each other.

Ive had my alpha about 14 mnths and have not had a minutes trouble, occasionally get interference around a large group but nothing major,then all the sudden today was a mess, i had 10 collars and could not read any of the 10 at certain times,( 1000 acre fox pen w/ roof mount),, had normal interference with a few collars, but not all 10,, i seemed to pick them up when i was 300yds or less from them,,,, any advice greatly appreciated

Ive had my alpha about 14 mnths and have not had a minutes trouble, occasionally get interference around a large group but nothing major,then all the sudden today was a mess, i had 10 collars and could not read any of the 10 at certain times,( 1000 acre fox pen w/ roof mount),, had normal interference with a few collars, but not all 10,, i seemed to pick them up when i was 300yds or less from them,,,, any advice greatly appreciated

I've heard people say that the wire going to the antenae connection can break if you over tighten it while changing the antenae. I also had a friends magnetic mount antenae inner wire break and he had a similar problem. I'm guessing you were in st. George. If you were I was only a few miles from you at Crawford from 3am until noon and I had no problems tracking with my alpha.

I broke my connection over-tightening with the quick connect. I will not use another one.

Hey to Ronald did you run on sunday? My dad ran 15 that you don't usually interfere with.

Darren, there was no 30s, 40, or 50s with us Saturday but I hope they don't interfere too bad. That's one of the reason I switched was to get away from all the interference. I guess now that everybody is going ALPHA it is gonna be more to common. I wish Garmin would come out with more ID numbers to keep this from happening. We ran today and had no problems at all other than sorry dogs. It's a shame the collars they wear are worth more than the dogs.

Kevin, I forwarded an e-mail from Garmin I received in 2012. I ask about interference and they sent me this e-mail. It has the charts to show which numbers interfere between the Alpha and the Astros. Just thought you may be interested.

Darren thanks for that info. I appreciate it.

Yea Chase i ran on sunday, and im sure i was interfering with yals collars some, there was probly 30 alpha collars there total, but i have been around way more collars than that b4, i havent had a chance to check my roof mount yet but its possible bobby could be right, because my roof mount catches every limb i go by,

I am hoping it is a wire. I know they are in a fence but I will be around a lot more collars deer hunting and I could do without the interference!