SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: Discussion time.

The main question is would it help or hurt? I don't mind any one seeing my scores. It's also nice to see if the hound kicking my butt was 1 in every crossing or in pack position.
    Travis you said the the key point a handler that takes his time gets his dog ready and knows how to show him if he is a good hound he can and will place high where ever he is shown. Now if that same dog only was shown under one judge and won 5 or 6 times and could not get on the bench at another hunt that's when you have trouble.

Re: A little add to the Discussion

I think we should post all scores. I also think we should fall in line with other sports such as Football. If you question a refs call in football and you are wrong and the call is not overturned they lose a time out which we all know is very valuable. So lets go with this. If you question a call in Foxhunting and there is not evidence to overturn the call, well then you must judge at least 1-3 day field trial before you are allowed to compete in another field trial of any kind or none of your winnings will be recognized until you have done so.
    Man up and take the chance if you truly believe you have been done wrong, be willing to accept the consequences if you are wrong.

Don\'t make any difference to me whether they post the scores or not. Only way you can deal with people that whine all the time about somebody cheating is don\'t pay them any attention. If they have hard evidence then yes but every time I ever heard of anybody cheating is just something somebody dreamed up or thought. This is just me but if I go to a hunt in a pen I\'m going to try to win the speed and drive. If I wanted to out \"hunt\" somebody I wouldn\'t take my dog to a pen loaded down with game so if some judge wants to give somebody\'s dog ten hunting scores I couldn\'t care any less. I enjoy going to hunts big or small and have a good time whether I\'m getting spanked or on the occasion I get a little trophy. I do like it when they put out sheet of top dogs after each day and top 100 or so.

I judge several 3 day hunts a year I personally do not see any problem with posting scores I also don't see this cheating every one that does not judge talks about. A good MFH will see anything that does not look right. Maybe it would be a good idea for the ones that think all this cheating is going on to come judge sometimes rather than run and complain. JMO

THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE WITH IT IS WHEN I LOOK AT IT AND SEE THAT I'VE NOT SCORED A HOUND IN THE TOP 10. MAN THAT MAKES ME MAD!

Just got back online from the beat down my pups took this past weekend....

I left little meat off the bone on my original post!

Posting scores wont sway me either way if I go or don't go.....I am fine with doing it and stand behind my original post why not post them??? I plan on going to all American next year - they aren't going to post them and that fine - I am good with the leadership at the top of that hunt and I am going to support them.

Murray - Post
    I am fine with cameras and fine with testing
    - currently there is not rules in place for drug testing so this is mute there is nothing legal or illegal
    (basically all hunters can do what ever it wont make difference, good is good...give all you want to sorry hound he or she still aint placing when competing with top shelf hunters and hounds)
    - Sportsmanship I have to agree with this, I always like to shake the winners hand, win loose or draw, when I won and people congratulated me it felt good, and I like to do it to winners - for the most part the higher percentage of hunters are good sports I believe it to be smaller percent of cry baby's.....

- Murray when they come up with testing rules I am fine with it - never had problem following a rule.....

Be good - See you all SOON!!!

Lenny

Brian, that is part of the problem there are so many out there running that have never been a judge. If everyone would judge and see what a lot of these dogs are really doing in a 3-day hunt they would not bring them back and spend the money. Running the pen on Sat. night is not the same. Dogs need to be trained to do more running the game and not the road,but SPEED SPEED SPEED is all that maters anymore and to me that does not make a true Ch.that is just a Calcutta dog which is fine if that is all you are after. Sorry guys that is JMO come judge and you may think a little different.