SPEEDDOGS

PLEASE USE YOUR FULL NAME OR THE POST WILL BE DELETED.  INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE WILL GET YOU BANNED. PLEASE BE CONSCIOUS THAT THESE ARE PUBLIC POSTS. PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE OF CHILDREN THAT MAY BE SIGNED ON.

SPEEDDOGS
    Start a New Topic 
    Author
    Comment
    View Entire Thread
    Re: flea dust? need help

It's called diamaceous earth. I'm sure that the spelling is not correct. You can usually buy it at a feed store in a 40 lb bag. If your feed store does not have it you can get it at Lowes. It's called crawling insect killer. I hope this helps.

Tim Cherry

tractor supply has it too

Does this dust really work, everything else has been watered down so even if you increase the mixture.

I have used it with good results. I use it like I would sevin dust or flea powder. This stuff is safer for use on puppies as it is not a poison. It works by dehydrating the bug. I read that it cuts the flea to pieces as it is an extremely fine glass. I have been using it for about a year after reading about it online. I have used it for ticks, fleas, water bugs, ants and all other kinds of bugs. I dust my hounds with it after running and keep it in my houses. I sometimes take a rosebush duster and spread it all over my pens. I like it because it seems to work, it cuts down on the amount of chemicals I use and it is relatively cheaper than other options.

Tim Cherry

What's the cost of the product

I read on here where some guy use's it on his feed as a wormer mixes 40lb to 100 lbs of dog food

It is safe to sprinkle on food and will help function as a wormer. I use it as a supplement to worming.
    I also sprinkle it in the kennels. Helps with flies & fleas as well.
    Hope this helps.

Allan Bishop
    (JabberJaw)

there are two different kinds of DE. one kind is labeled food grade that is the kind that is safe to eat. there is also another kind of DE that is hazard to humans and animals. so look for that food grade on the label if you sprinkle on dogs food.